Project ; WRX RA

Well here we go for an other thread as am sure there are many many other projects going on but i thought id add mine up to.

Some of you may or may not rememeber me from my antic's at knockhill in my blue 555 a few years ago.

Bought a 1995 WRX RA a few months ago and with the intensions of just keeping it the way it was but like most of my other impreza's iv decided to do it right this time rather than the faffing about i usually do.

I got it weighed @ SW Motorsport on sunday and the starting weight is 1248kg and that with a full tank of fuel. The car has no central locking,keep fit windows and for some unknown reason a steel bonnet which it should have a alu bonnet as its an RA. so as it stands its a pritty basic impreza hence the reason i bought it as there was no point in buying a top spec impreza to just rip it all out.

It's going to be road legal but with the intensions of seeing more track than road.

The car as it stands just now is:

equal lenth headers.

straight through de-cat wolfrace exhaust.

Black 16" speedline ST 2

green cottom filter

and thats pritty much it. started stripping it sunday night including all the AC,interior etc.

well here are some pics of how it stands

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

109.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

110.jpg

119.jpg

also found these little surprises too

107.jpg

120.jpg

g

095.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

Edited by CRAIG D

Yeah its Tommo's old impreza and if i remember right he was at the fling last year. Lets hope il make it this year.

Am going to be leaving the engine fairly just now and get the rest of the car sorted out first.

Just ordered my T45 cage today (6-10 days) which will be getting fitted at SW Motorsport by barry (well not that iv asked him yet but am sure if i show him notes he will lol)

need to get the dash mocked up with the various hole then get it sent of to get flocked.

need to get

suspention

brakes

seats and harnesses

fuel set up

baffled sump etc etc

God i miss the RA,but it's went to a good home,Craig this was my plan when i bought the car but i liked it too much to start stripping it,this should be an excellent track car once your finished,hope it's stilling running okay ,got a bit worried when you posted on here looking for locks and ignition parts!!

Good thread to start and i'm looking forward to updates.

Andy, Wish i could have said then same about some of your cars lol.

WRX RA being the lightest thought i would be the best start in life ha.

Tommo, some twat tryied to steal the car out side the house so it needed new locks all round including lock barrel.

its now sitting in the workshop all tucked up both car and workshop are fully alarmed including a text message to my phone if the alarm if activated.

am looking forwards to the progress myself ha

Yeah its Tommo's old impreza and if i remember right he was at the fling last year. Lets hope il make it this year.

Am going to be leaving the engine fairly just now and get the rest of the car sorted out first.

Just ordered my T45 cage today (6-10 days) which will be getting fitted at SW Motorsport by barry (well not that iv asked him yet but am sure if i show him notes he will lol)

need to get the dash mocked up with the various hole then get it sent of to get flocked.

need to get

suspention

brakes

seats and harnesses

fuel set up

baffled sump etc etc

no problems craig, regarding fitting the cage,

just need to work around my situation of becoming a father yesterday

i will give you a bell at the start of next week bud

cheers :thumbup:

barry

no problems craig, regarding fitting the cage,

just need to work around my situation of becoming a father yesterday

i will give you a bell at the start of next week bud

cheers :thumbup:

barry

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Fitting my cage is the least of your problems now :)

Just give me a bell once you get the time pal.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good! away to start this soon myself. What make/model is the cage? did you drop it through the floor to weld the top?

its a custom cages group N T45 cage,and yes it was dropped through holes in the floor to weld the tops. you should have seen craig's face when a got the plasma out to cut holes in his mint car :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

well i recieved a couple of parcel's today and things are comes along nicely.

The cage is now complete and its a cracking job Thanks barry highly recommended. Everything has been sent to custom cages to get FIA approved and get the certificate.

Also waiting on the inside of the car getting painted which should hopfully be this week then iv got the task of trying to remember where everything gets connected and then fit and adjust the suspension to suit.

Dash was done by suffolk flocking services.

035-1.jpg

036.jpg

043.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

DSC01006.jpg