Broke down in Swindon

Popped into Swindon around 2pm to get a bit of perspex for a project for the car, funnily enough. The car showed no symptoms of illness or fatigue (unlike me) so when I came to leave, the car turned over but spluttered and stopped after a few engine rotations...

After several more attempts the engine stopped rotating altogether, the starter motor was firing just fine but it seemed no fuel was getting through, now thinking about it the may have been no spark from the ECU...

I phoned Fiona at CS to ask If the AA could take the car there, which the happily the answer was yes so I phoned the AA to find out I had no cover to get me home, only to fix at the road side and if not fixed, then to be towed to the nearest kwikfit mob.... :shutup:

Not wanting to trust my 'unique and aged' car to just anyone, I phoned Fiona again to explain the situation. A recovery truck was organised within 5 minutes of placing that call to CS, so the AA call was canceled and the car placed on the back of the truck to sadly make its way back to Hailey, arriving at 7pm where a hire car was waiting to get me home and also to ferry me to work.

I can't say enough good things about the guys and girl at CS, totally outstanding support and help, thankyou guys :occasion14:

Now I'm hoping all I have is a broken Walbro fuel pump..

Edited by Vimmy

Yaris or a Smart as your loan car? :icon_joker:

and for those who don't recognise it, CS = Cotswold Subaru. Between us, we're keeping them nice and busy. Fingers crossed for a quick fix (with the usual SIDC discount too).

Hello mate, yes I got one of those wee Yaris's, great little car and fun to drive :) although I think Fiona is a little protective, i was offered violence should anything happen to her precious car :)

As always the SIDC discount comes in to play, who says the price of the SIDC membership isnt worth it? They obviously never have things go wrong with their cars, even if certain people class my aged car as 'classic' or 'antique' :)

So what's failed Col????

And if you hear any stories from Fiona about me snapping alternator adjusters then walk away ;):icon_butt:

LOL she did mention you and something about black leather and belts, I thought I walked into an adult shop :)

Mark found that the ecu for the alarm system had blown up and as it immobilies the fule pump supplpy when armed, is proboably the reason for no fuel delivery. New part coming tomorrow so I should know then, hopefully nothing else has gone...good news is that these Sigma alarms were known to blow a few years ago so this has lasted since 2001, which isnt bad considering the job it does.