help please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeh nice to meet you too, thanks for the bits, car now running alryt. just want to pick your brains, its overheating and i have bled the system but it seems to have a sort of white foam forming in the header tank.

Is the coolant a nice clean coolant colour or does it look contaminated and dirty?

Is the coolant a nice clean coolant colour or does it look contaminated and dirty?

it still has a bit of 'fudge' colour to it, but the head gaskets have just been replaced with skim and pressure test. i have to try bleed the coolant system every time i want to go anywhere as the foam just builds up again?

ive been looking online and think the system might just need to be flushed several times. what do you think?? and if it does, is it worth using a radflush or just clean water?

Edited by bugeyewrx

it still has a bit of 'fudge' colour to it, but the head gaskets have just been replaced with skim and pressure test. i have to try bleed the coolant system every time i want to go anywhere as the foam just builds up again?

ive been looking online and think the system might just need to be flushed several times. what do you think?? and if it does, is it worth using a radflush or just clean water?

Well if the head gaskets have been done then yeah, might be worth flushing the system, just run it through with a hose. I would get a gas check done on the existing coolant first though to be on the safe side. Check the thermostat in a cup of hot water as well, that may explain the overheating.