started to give old girl a spruce up

well i decided to tidy up the engine bay a bit as the manifold was doing the usual flaky thing. Before looked something like this:

hose2.jpg

sourced a refurbed manifold, stainless bolt kit and straightened the intercooler fins etc :blush: . and it now looks like:

PICT2556.jpg

Still work to do but thats her running and back on the road for weekend. Will be replacing header and ps tanks with powder coated items. Coolant samcos waiting to go on at same time. Overall im quite chuffed with it, although i think i would prefer a gearbox change to taking manifold off again.

Also had to replace a few of the boost hoses as they had hardened up already.

A wee question. Whats the better silicon intercooler hose kit for v5/6 sti. Is it the specific one for sti with alloy pipe or the uk variant y piece?

Cheers lads. Having had an old uk car before that started to go shaby despite best efforts i decided that clean import was the way ahead. My intention is to keep it fairly standard and keep it in good nick, my pet hate is rust. It had already taken a hold on the uk car when i got it, prevention should be more effective than cure i hope.