Good old Fleabay

I was hunting around on Fleabay, as you do, and stumbled upon a guy who was selling an intake manifold. With the manifold came an Autobahn88 intake hose and also the Idle Air Control Valve attached, all this for 50 quid - so I had it :)

It arrived today, looking a bit grubby but everything looks intact, I thought it came with injectors too but alas not, still a bit of a bargain :) I'll give it a good old scrub and a few coats of high temp paint, clean up and re use the IACV. I'll have to source some injectors to put in this beastie and look into getting them ultrasonically cleaned, then look at doing the parallel fuel mod and then remove all the fuel extra pipework.

With this ready I can then get hold of some manifold spacers and chuck it all in the car, perhaps a wee visit to Bob Rawle to make sure nothing is amiss :)

What injectors you after Colin? I will have some 440's for sale soon.

Hi Lewis, I think the car has 380's from stock, but anything along those lines or 440's as an upgrade/future proof path would be good, I can then build up the manifold as a complete unit :)

I just need to get my ar$e in gear and finish of my current temp probe project and be ready to take some temp readings before this lot gets installed :)

Cheers,

Col

Edited by Vimmy

good work mate...

you seen the other classic kicking around that's the same colour as yours? sounds bloody lovely!!!

Thanks Matty :) yeah Ive seen the car a couple of times at the Coop, the last time I almost tried to get in it - apart from the non pimped windows it was the spitting imae of mine, huge back box on it too :)