Wrx To Sport Bonnet?

I'm going the front mount intercooler path and was wondering if a sport bugeye bonnet will fit my wrx?

Basically getting rid of the bonnet scoop and add a more discreet look! Or would a backwards bonnet vent or something be better?

Does anyone know if the non- turbo bonnets are alloy or steel?

Thoughts and opinions please....

Ryan

I'm going the front mount intercooler path and was wondering if a sport bugeye bonnet will fit my wrx?

Basically getting rid of the bonnet scoop and add a more discreet look! Or would a backwards bonnet vent or something be better?

Does anyone know if the non- turbo bonnets are alloy or steel?

Thoughts and opinions please....

Ryan

Sport bonnet will fit and yes, they're steel (think some really early ones might be alloy though).

Only issue I can see is that you'll have nowhere for engine heat to go so perhaps hinge risers or a reverse vent could help with that?

Mate when i changed to FMIC I found a carbon fibre vent that replaced the scoop with the same bolt/connection points the scoop had.

It was carbon fibre and black obviously, but im sure you could respray it a different colour if you wanted.

That would be my suggestion, the vent.

Vent link

They may do different versions for various models

Chris

Thought of something similar to this, not at that price though! Not very sure where all the rain or snow for instance would go, this is my only wee worry. My motor is used every day and is kept outside on the drive.

Cheers

Didn't know that. Mind you I guess you need all the help you can get to lighten those lardar$es :)

How much more weight is a steel bonnet to a alloy one? Don't think it would cause me that much of an issue, as my car's an a daily driver and not at all being stripped out for weight saving in anyway. I have ditched the chassis subframe thingy from underneath and chopped a fair bit of steel out the front panel for the fmic. Surely these will even out any weight added with a steel bonnet? ;)

How much more weight is a steel bonnet to a alloy one? Don't think it would cause me that much of an issue, as my car's an a daily driver and not at all being stripped out for weight saving in anyway. I have ditched the chassis subframe thingy from underneath and chopped a fair bit of steel out the front panel for the fmic. Surely these will even out any weight added with a steel bonnet? ;)

Any people in the know, that can shed some light on the above?