My Car Gets Detailed

After keeping the car off the road for 2 weeks finally managed to finish off detailing my car. All in, between cleaning / machine polishing / protecting I reckon there were around 24 hours spent on it...and probably could've spent more.

Those that know the car will wonder why bother, well after a few little performance upgrades were fitted it left the wings and area around the upper front grill way below the standard I like to keep my car at. Also it's been 18months since it was last properly done so swirls and a few random scratches have appeared.

You think I've developed an OCD ? :) ? See what you think :

Not a bad base to start from

MySubaruJulAug10001.jpg

just general road dirt needing dealt with

MySubaruJulAug10002.jpg

So washed, clayed and left with this...looks decent

MySubaruJulAug10003.jpg

but what I was after removing was this type of thing (the swirl lines the sun is showing, and the scuffs)

MySubaruJulAug10004.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10005.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10007.jpg

Around the front grill area was the worst so a few pics of where I've removed the grill and what it went from and to

MySubaruJulAug10006.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10008.jpg

to leave this (gotta love the gold flake through the paint!!)

MySubaruJulAug10010.jpg

Worked my way round the car which felt like took an age. No I never got everything out, but definitely feel that on the whole it was a lot better. On the downside I have noticed quite a few stonechips...again !! :thumbup:

I like the Blackfire range on my black paintwork so machined on the Gloss Enhancing Polish, applied a coat of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint protection and then 2 coats of Midnight Sun Paste Wax - all buffed off after each stage obviously. Oh, and painted my horn (don't say that too often ;) ).

Alloys polished, tyres blackened, zorst shined up, etc etc etc. Engine bay was dealt with a few months back so it just received a quick wipe down just after the grill went back on

MySubaruJulAug10015.jpg

After all that was done I felt like actually taking the car out for a drive today. The weather was rubbish, dull and cloudy, so the pics really don't do the finish justice. Really really disappointed with this as the Blackfire stuff really gives the paintwork a crackin finish. If the weathers better tomorrow (aye right!!) I'll get some with the sun bouncing off the paintwork and get a bit more flake popping.

Just a few till I can get some better ones whenever the weather improves :

MySubaruJulAug10027.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10025.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10020.jpg

and added couple of days later when the sun came out.....

MySubaruJulAug10038.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10042.jpg

MySubaruJulAug10044.jpg

Edited by C_WRX

Ta Kenny - I think ;) .

I heard from a reliable source Imy your car still hasn't been touched since its makeover, surely must need a wee bit of tlc by now B) . What I see when I get right up close to a car appears to be a step too far it seems :) .

Just say when KennyUK (so I can make up some excuses :P ), or are you waiting till raffle time again :) .

I've always taken it that the fleck was a standard feature in the black paint on newages, but you're not the only one to ask me that so really not sure. It really only shows when the sun hits it, but it is a lovely addition. When was fitting the parts in the engine bay despite being as careful as could be a few little challenging moments meant leaning and rubbing against the bodywork...happens and knew it would be there which is why I left the car getting this done till now. Wasn't scratches or anything as bad as that, just more like swirl-like marks. Machine took them out no problem first time. Oh and thanks for the comments :thumbup: .

Cheers. Black, and red as I'm noticing more and more, shine up oh so well.

Edited by C_WRX