Oil Vanishing Trick

Hello Guy's and Gals.

Got a strange problen going on with me car. The last few times when i have checked my oil it looks like its very low on dip stick. I have topped up and a day or so later it looks like its gone again. One off the times i put 2 ltrs in checked the dipstick all looked good went to Alex f Nobles got them to check it and ended up getting a talking to about putting 2ltrs too much in to my car. So where is the oil hiding. Car is running ok and no blue smoke from exaust. Oh sorry the car is My52 Wrx Wagon.

Cheers Kev

I have a similar problem checking the oil on these cars; in fact; I posted a topic about it not long ago.

You can never get a clear reading from the dipstick. Sometimes when you put it back in it smears up the sides of the rod and coats the thing in oil. Never thought after 8 years of driving that checking oil would be such a difficult task.

Im surprised it was running ok with 2L more than normal in the engine. Dipstick top to bottom should be 0.5L AFAIK.

Silly question but are you pulling the dipstick, wiping clean then dipping again for a reading?

Cant say I have ever had a problem like that for either of mine and neither of them used any oil at all.