Been Busy...

Hello! :P

Some of you may remember me posting up about local detailing a few months back and how I ended up just giving the car a good clean etc myself... Well, since then I've been practicing with one of my new toys - a dual action machine polisher and I'm really impressed with the finish!

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

With that done, I really couldn't shake the fact that the wheels were letting the side down. This is how they looked:

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

So I took to them with a wire brush, loads of wet & dry and took off the old (really badly applied) paint, filled the damage to the wheel lip, sanded it all back again and then gave them all a good coat of primer. Didn't get an pics of this stage but the effort made here really shows in the next pics...

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

This is the first few layers of black that went down - it was meant to dry matt but I (intentionally) mixed in some lacquer on the last two coats for a satin finish. I had matt black on my last wheels and they were a bugger to keep clean! This is how they looked once touch dry:

IMG_0013.jpg

...and once they we're fully dry and back on the car - a lot of the 'wet look' gone but still that shine ;)

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Wasn't looking bad at all (bar needing some black wheel studs) but today I had the guys from www.alloygator.co.uk come down and fit some rim protectors:

IMG_0029.jpg

...and now she looks like this! :D

IMG_0033-1.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

A massive improvement to what was one of the real let-down points of the car imho - really chuffed with how it's all turned out! :D

Good work on the polishing, what did you use with the DA ?

A few nice reflections.

How's about getting the car sitting a tiny bit lower and close that arch gap. :P

Next on the list is a decent drop - the arch gap is shameful! :D

Used Gloss It pads and the Werkstatt Acrylic Kit for the building up the layers after claying - finished up by hand because I didn't mask off the fiddly bits! ;)

Looking good mate..... real decent :D

But where those pics taken up 'doggers lane'? LOL! ;):P:D

Thanks mate!

Pics were taken in the layby on the A40 by the motocross track - always been to scared to stop their after dark - is that where they go is it?!? Not been back to 'the other lane' since 'The Incident'!!! :D