Refurbished Inlet Manifold

Just thought i would share this with you. I cant take any credit for it unfortunetly. My dad enjoys these types of projects so i was quite happy to let him get on with it :tumbleweed:

While the engine is stripped i thought it best to get the manifold stripped and freshened up. It was in the usual sorry state, paint flaking off etc

inletmanifold1.jpg

My dad followed this guide which is very helpful http://www.carldavey.co.uk/article.php?id=1

The manifold was stripped using Nitromors and pressure washed, which left it looking like this

inletmanifol2.jpg

We decided to go for the VHT in wrinkle black (seems to be the choice now the red is more orange in colour)

The dilema was how to heat it up, a heat gun would take to long and he didnt fancy putting it in the oven for obvious reasons. Then a brainwave struck him . . .

inletmanifold3.jpg

This worked a treat and the manifold looks great again. Unfortunetly he was so proud of his work and admired it that much that he forgot to take a finished article picture.

Nevermind, it looks brilliant and i will get a picture of it once its back on the car.

Cheers

Dan

Thats genius. I love it when I get daft ideas that work really well. Especially if a neighbour catches you doing it and wonders what the hell is going on.

Once took out a wasps nest in a hedge with a lighter and a can of deordorant much to next doors amazment.

Cheers guys. It really does look good. I couldnt stop laughing when he told me where it was. I phoned for a report on how it was going, he replied "its cooking on the barby for an hour" haha

am sure when people see it your dad will be taking orders :tumbleweed:

Good to hear ! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.... and some :tumbleweed:

When are you planning on coming through to pick it up, anytime soon ? . Or more importantly.... when's the mapping date ? :)

It could do with a clean btw lol

Edited by Frank C

Will ring Steve later on in the week to see where we are at. Think its getting a base map put on it for running in on Simtek.

My dad said it was pretty dusty when he was up, as i expected, its been sitting inside for a good few weeks now. At least it hides the couple of rust spots on it.

Those will be getting dealt with once i get the car back. If i can ever stop driving it haha.

• 1 month later...

Dont worry Frank, nothing drastic. Im just thinking on changing to a front mount. Keep changing my mind in my head. Would rather do it now before it gets mapped. I can get my money back on the newage top mount. I will probably change my mind again. Thats the only thing that i cant decide on. Im very happy with the car as it is, extremely happy actually! Only other things to be done is suspension parts like we spoke about and into the bodyshop to get a couple of bits that annoy me sorted out. After that i intend to enjoy it. Its exactly the way i want it B)

Hi mate. So far so good, really happy with it. Ive changed my mind on something already tho haha

The car feels perfect, very smooth, quiet and the engine really wants to go, done 540miles so far, so not long now until mapping.

Whats the hold up with your mapping?

Sounds great, bet you can't wait to have it run in. Im getting married in 6 weeks so cash is at a premium!

I've got ngk plugs, 3 port bcs, walbro, cotton green filter and a H&S 2.5" system tucked away B)

Once my back account has recovered I'll be down to SW to get those parts fitted prior to a trip to Andy F.

Edited by Kosy