Alford Performance And Supercar Rides

It's that time of year again, when Grampian Transport Museum in Alford runs their ever popular Performance and Supercar rides.

This year, the dates are

Wednesday 14th July

and

Wednesday 4th August

The transport museum are again looking for enthusiastic owners to help them out by taking passengers around their small sprint track for a couple of laps at a time.

In return, you get to see lots of happy smiling faces as you drive passengers around the track. You also get a free lunch in the cafe at 12:00, and a £35 fuel voucher which can be spent at the Shell garage less than a mile along the road.

The event will run from around 1pm to 3:30pm, and they hope to have 15 cars taking part - so one group of 5 cars in use, whilst the other two groups are resting (ie you won't be going non-stop for 2.5 hours!)

If you are interested, either drop me an email or contact Mike (the museum curator directly) on curator@gtm.org.uk

The museum also needs these days to be well supported, so if you want some passenger rides in nice cars, all you need to do is turn up at the museum and pay the entrance fee and join the queue. I think you can queue up for rides in as many different cars as you like :rotfl:

Some photos from last years event:

3706710700_221cc74ed1_o.jpg

3705888657_185797fd4f_o.jpg

3706712656_f36a17d761_o.jpg

Full set of images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnsidc/sets/72157621211493024

John

I got the letter the other day there... Might be able to get along for at least one of them I would have thought, but will never know untill on the day... :/

As you see from John's pics, had a good time last year... although sometimes having small children sitting staring up at you with great big eyes when your tearing down that straight... It's off-putting! :rotfl:

Edited by thefastone

There's only a few slots left for taking part now on each of the dates, so if you are interested, just drop mike at GTM an email and let him know the dates you might be able to make, along with your car details.