Bluetooth Car Kits

Anyone using a good one?

Was looking at the Parrot MKi9200 as it has nice iPod abilities as well as the hands free gubbins, but not entirely convinced.

Could probably just go for a cheaper one and then get a lineout adaptor for the iPhone to use in the AUX port.

• 3 weeks later...

The parrot is an excellent piece of kit.

I had an older version but even that had a full sync option to import my whole contact list. It's easy to use and the sound quality is very good. Set up is incredibly simple as is using it. My new car has built in bluetooth and is sheet in comparison. I miss the parrot every time I have to use it.

I'd looked at the 9200 and the ipod connectivity looks good but the usb connection would be of more interest to me as you have more control over the file structures.

Haven't quite got around to sorting this yet. Was looking at the 9200 as I said but there's some issues with the wiring that someone is looking at for me. Also looked at a headunit replacement, but the same wiring issues are there for that.

Someone is working on a harness adaptor that would let the car's built in sat nav work fine with a non-standard headunit so I might wait until that's ready before doing anything. Plus who knows what Monday brings with Apple?

Other idea was to get an Alpine Ex-10, which is like a non-permanent 9200 that I can pickup for £50. PRoblems being it doesn't charge the iPhone unless you buy an adaptor. Still, it's cheap as chips.