Should I?

Part of me is thinking about stripping my car and selling it as a low mileage 'standard' UK Turbo rather than in the state of tune that it sits currently.. do you guys think thats a sensible approach or not??

Its got a JDM 6-speed conversion, Defis, APS TMIC, Blitz NUR Spec R Exhaust, Sports CAT, Prodrive Spoiler, OEM Leather, P1 Splitter, VF34, etc which could all be removed.. sold/part exchanged for standard bits + cash. That way, I could be free enough to sell the base car for cheap enough or even trade it in without feeling like I've given away something quite as special as it is just now.

Cheers,

Grant

Part of me is thinking about stripping my car and selling it as a low mileage 'standard' UK Turbo rather than in the state of tune that it sits currently.. do you guys think thats a sensible approach or not??

Its got a JDM 6-speed conversion, Defis, APS TMIC, Blitz NUR Spec R Exhaust, Sports CAT, Prodrive Spoiler, OEM Leather, P1 Splitter, VF34, etc which could all be removed.. sold/part exchanged for standard bits + cash. That way, I could be free enough to sell the base car for cheap enough or even trade it in without feeling like I've given away something quite as special as it is just now.

Cheers,

Grant

Some things will be easier to sell and easier to remove than others.

The defi'sand nur spec would be the first on my list. Both are sought after and both are easy to source the replacement parts (I might even have a dash top for you).

The gearbox stands out as the biggest financial gain but also the biggest PITA to remove and replace.

On the other hand you could just grow a pair and keep it like a real man. :hello:

Edited by Playsatan2

I'd say it depends on how long your prepared to wait for a private buyer with the spec it currently has and the hassle/work and cost of having to remove everything and replace it with the OEM parts.

I thought it was awesome and nearly bit your hand off after the test drive, I couldnt believe not only how quick it went but the actual overall condition of the car. However as I mentioned when we met, I didnt want to blow all my cash on the 1st Impreza I saw.

My heart said buy it but my sensible head thought my wife would kill me, as it turned out I pretended to her indoors that I gave you a deposit and she didnt speak to me for the rest of the evening and the following day. :hello: In the end she asked me to wait a couple of months, although I dont expect it will be still for sale then if your considering stripping it.

Also was great meeting you Grant, btw your car was in much better nick than the STi I trailed all the way upto Aberdeen to look at, condition of the bodywork was :rotfl:

Chris.

Also, if anyone is interested in seeing what this car would like with some nicer alloys, let me know - I will put up the photoshop of it with Gold Tarmacs, which IMO made it look awesome.

Could you not sell the car private as is? Would seem a better option rather than strip it back to standard

It would be the easier option to sell as a package, but thus far all I've had is dreamers and hopeless part exchange offers. Had forgotten how irritating it can be to sell a car privately, hence why I'm considering selling the good bits for a few grand and accepting a decent trade in price for a 'standard' UK Turbo with 51k miles.

Some things will be easier to sell and easier to remove than others.

The defi'sand nur spec would be the first on my list. Both are sought after and both are easy to source the replacement parts (I might even have a dash top for you).

The gearbox stands out as the biggest financial gain but also the biggest PITA to remove and replace.

On the other hand you could just grow a pair and keep it like a real man. :)

LOL @ growing a pair... :beer:

To be honest, was thinking about trading the car in the other day and had to pull myself away because I couldn't justify throwing all those mods away in trade price... not too fussed about taking the car off the road and removing the 6 speed set-up to replace it with a 5-speed set-up, although I realise it won't be the easiest job around, its a fair old chunk of cash sitting there that a garage won't give a toss if its there or not.

Do it. You will get circa 4k for a mint bog standard car. Also I have a whole uk turbo set up and want a 6 speed.

You would make the asking price between selling the car and just the box alone.

Hmmm... that could be the way forward then, thought you were going PPG though mate?

None Grant keep it as is and enjoy, all you will do replace it with some thing else then decide its shat, and buy another scoob. Dig'in Lad :D !!
agree :blush:

lol, thanks lads... but I need to get something more practical for daily use while I tip toe onto the property ladder, once I know where I am financially after that... there is a large chance I'll return to the fold, for the 7th time. :)

Cheers,

Grant

I hope your not talking about me mate... :whistle:

No, not at all... just wish you'd been more up front about your budget to start with and I could have re-directed you to alternative cars at a level you'd be more comfortable with rather than showing you round/letting you drive my car; when there was little or no chance of you going through with the purchase.

Cheers,

Grant

No, not at all... just wish you'd been more up front about your budget to start with and I could have re-directed you to alternative cars at a level you'd be more comfortable with rather than showing you round/letting you drive my car; when there was little or no chance of you going through with the purchase.

Cheers,

Grant

At the time mate, your car was within the budget I had set, originally I was looking at STI's Blob that were much more, your car was a wildcard. Unfortunately things didnt pan out the way I wanted with my finances. Believe me I was gutted when I came home and did some sums and spoke to the mrs. Im still on the hunt its just Im looking for something that is going to blow out all the savings that I have.

Depending on what happens with my viewing tomorrow, it might end up being to your advantage anyway if you end up removing the mods, I would be buying half the stuff you have on the car.

Chris. :whistle:

Seems a bit irish to me, buying a car for 4-5k and then buying a load of mods to make it a 6k car without the full list of bits fitted that my car has for c6k... but its your decision?!

FAO people that have got in touch with me, if I decide to break bits off the car, then I'll stick a thread up in the For Sale section with details, prices and pics.

Cheers,

Grant

Seems a bit irish to me, buying a car for 4-5k and then buying a load of mods to make it a 6k car without the full list of bits fitted that my car has for c6k... but its your decision?!

FAO people that have got in touch with me, if I decide to break bits off the car, then I'll stick a thread up in the For Sale section with details, prices and pics.

Cheers,

Grant

Its easier to buy bits on the sly and hide them from the mrs mate. Trying to hide the fact that Ive withdrawn money to purchase a car from a joint saving account isnt so easy. :)