Dog Chat

Hi Guys n Gals,

Me and the other half have been looking for a while at getting a Labrador. Although we have found quite a few breeders. its all been a bit difficult to understand exactly what your paying for. If I were honest I dont want to be shedding out 5-600 for a pup.

Is anyone, or does anyone know of any pups for sale. I'm more used to seeing dogs as a form of security (German Shepherds at the farm) rather than a pet, so any advice anyone has will be well recieved.

Stewarty

I've got a german sheperd that i got from the police force at pollock country park...

got him (ziar) at a year old and would recommend it to anyone,he's now 4 and as far as temprement goes he is absolutely amazing....

as well as being a great family dog he's good security for the house/family... would be worth looking into mate its not just sheperds the police use...

I got my Shepherd from the GSD rescue at 4 months old :rotfl: she is a great dog...a bit timid though but loyal and so obedient (she comes to my work with me every day and is loved by all my customers too) Had choc and black labs before her with no problems at all.. there is far too many dogs out there abandoned ;)

I would always try the breed rescues first...they have a lot of excellent animals for re homing

Roxy.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys. Texted Rich to findout about the ex-service dogs Jon, I'll have a look into that. Also Gordy is possibly going to be breeding Lab's so I may take one of his hands when the time comes.

Cheers y'all!

I would recommend ex service any day mate....full pedigree dogs with strong blood lines...

Edited by Jon B

Another cracking breed to consider is the Golder Retriever.

I got one for my 3rd birthday and Misty was a fantastic dog, again need to be hip and eye scored and checked out for ant heart murmers

I can remember when I was still 3 or 4 any time I couldnt sleep I just used to go downstairs and use her as a pillow to be woken up whenever my mum or dad came down to make breakfast....lol.

They are the same as labs when i comes to food, bloomin greedy buggers

Graeme