Anyone Got A Cheap Solution To This...

Been caught out 3 times now! Mainly in Edinburgh mind but have had to call out the RAC for a tow every fecking time! Usually car works within a 1/2 a mile tow.

I have a standard Subaru alarm on my classic. I park up and now know straight away that it's the problem in question as the fob won't alarm the car. If I don't get back in within 20 seconds (before immobiliser comes on) I'm screwed. It's happened 3 times over the past 2 years and know where the black spots are. Phoned the stealers and they want £2-300 to fit something over the unit in the motor.

Must be a cheaper option out there?

My Bug does it all the time, real pain in the!!!

Pop over to technical and look for the thread on SIGMA - you can reprogram your key pad and away you go... the alarm will go off, but only for a few seconds..

Don't take it to the stealers to get the key pad reprogrammed just do it yourself. Have a guide if you wish

Yep, there are procedures if you have/know your 4 digit code. If you dont, you will have to go to the stealers to get a new code. I might be wrong though...

Yep, there are procedures if you have/know your 4 digit code. If you dont, you will have to go to the stealers to get a new code. I might be wrong though...

Your wrong can set it to anything you want. Hopefully nobody finds out my code or they can steal all my money and my car :rotfl:

This happened to me in queen street Aberdeen. Had to get the car recovered to the beach then it started first time. went straight up to the dealer and one of the mechanics re-programmed the key pad. Job done although they did mention buying a sheilded unit which was £70 + 1hr labour....

Thanks for the help dudes.

It's the standard Subaru alarm so I take it that is the sigma alarm? Now after all this banter I do remember the previous owner going on about some code. There is a code pad in the glove box?

I'll need to hunt through my paperwork to see if the code is there and will check out that link.

I spoke to A.F Noble last year some time and said it was around £200, definitely over the £200 mark.

Again thanks for the help!

Stu

Thanks for the help dudes.

It's the standard Subaru alarm so I take it that is the sigma alarm? Now after all this banter I do remember the previous owner going on about some code. There is a code pad in the glove box?

I'll need to hunt through my paperwork to see if the code is there and will check out that link.

I spoke to A.F Noble last year some time and said it was around £200, definitely over the £200 mark.

Again thanks for the help!

Stu

To reprogram your code as long as the alarm is the standard sigma unit.

Unlock doors using remote

type with 20 sec's *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code) into keypad alarm should bleep.

job done

Just done mine the other night as I did not get the code with mine.