Td05-18g

Looking for info on the TD05-18G :

Where the 16G is similiar in ability to a VF34/35 - how would an 18G compare against these ?

Where warning is given on the 20G breaking a newage WRX gearbox, would the 18G be a concern ?

Fitted are there any additional supporting mods required with an 18G beyond what's required for 16G/VF34/35 ?

Questions questions questions !

Looking for info on the TD05-18G :

Where the 16G is similiar in ability to a VF34/35 - how would an 18G compare against these ?

Where warning is given on the 20G breaking a newage WRX gearbox, would the 18G be a concern ?

Fitted are there any additional supporting mods required with an 18G beyond what's required for 16G/VF34/35 ?

Questions questions questions !

From what I have read/been told as I am in a similar situation comparing the 16 to the VF's.

18G over 16G has slightly later spool with more top end power. If you're a number chaser then go 18G, the 16G/VF34/35 would be more of a back road blast unit with more of a mid range punch.

if you have a wrx go for the 16g as the 18g as already stated does spool later with the wrx you have shorter rev range and longer gears than the sti it would be a good setup with the 16g for fast road use get your headers and uppipe ported aswell you should get around 200 rpm earlyer spool hope this helps.

Edited by RACERX
if you have a wrx go for the 16g as the 18g as already stated does spool later with the wrx you have shorter rev range and longer gears than the sti it would be a good setup with the 16g for fast road use get your headers and uppipe ported aswell you should get around 200 rpm earlyer spool hope this helps.

Actually that helps a lot. Think I'm guilty of just looking at the numbers and thinking that's best. 16G -v- VF34 -v- VF35 - much of a muchness ?

Are your headers ported? I got info on getting that done and seemed a lot of money just for a little earlier spool, do you notice a difference elsewhere with them done ??

Actually that helps a lot. Think I'm guilty of just looking at the numbers and thinking that's best. 16G -v- VF34 -v- VF35 - much of a muchness ?

Are your headers ported? I got info on getting that done and seemed a lot of money just for a little earlier spool, do you notice a difference elsewhere with them done ??

it,s cheap to do duncan at hypertech done mines when he fitted the turbo and yes i do notice the extra spool about 300 rpm i will retain my oem headers and uppipe with my new build most go for aftermarket but i choose not to if you choose after maket keep your standard uppipe.