Prodrive Performance Pack 52 Plate

Hello there.

Im looking for advice on My52 Wrx Wagon with PPP. What i need to know is what sort of performance i should be getting?. Had mine rolling roaded and it only came in at 240bhp with 218lb ft torque. Is this all it should be getting someone told me it should be nearer 265psi. Hope some one can shed some light on this:).

Cheers Kev

Hi Kev,

THere were two different types of PPP at the start of the newages.

THe first generation was a simple mod-chip onto the ecu along with a coupel exhaust mods and intercooler piperwork upgrades. This brought power up to the 240ish that you mentioned.

Later, near the end of the bugs and into the blobs onwards the PPP became a ECUTek mapped ECU replacement which made the car more drivable and brought power up to the 265ps

Not many bugs had the 265ps version but there' maybe a few kicking around..

Hope this helps..

Hi there thanks for quick reply. According to the dealer my car got its PPP installed 2007 (got certificate). And was led to believe it was a compete ecu changed with a map from International Motors Co Prodrive?.

That should be right enough... If the car had PPP installed after 2003 then yeah it should have the remapped version and indeed be much closer to 265ps..

Unless someone was being cheeky and found an old chip lying around and put that in instead :huh:

My 2p worth... it could also be the rolling road causing the readings. I would be suspect of them due to the lack of torque increase.

Hello there thanks again for both of your inputs. The car doesn't feel like it has much torque you dont get pushed back in to your seat when taken off. The rolling road test was done at extreme motorsport at Whitburn which i believe to be quite reputable?.

Kev

Know it isnt much to go by but I've had a couple of WRXs with PPP in the past and they have never met their proposed figures :huh:

I may be wrong but I was sure Bugeye WRXs weren't 225PS ( 222 Bhp) like the Blobeye , thought they were slightly less.....plus the 40bhp of the PPP

Know the figures still dont add up tho.

Edited by Scooby Wagon Addict