Tein Supercrap Cos

Hi All

Another set of Tein COs bite the bullet. My NSR shocker is goosed and the OSR is on its way out too.

What's the procedure for getting these sorted? Do they have to go back to Tein or is there somewhere more local who can do it?

I still have standard suspension in the garage, but I don't fancy driving around on jelly stilts, so I think I will stick on a set of lowering springs with these.

Any advice appreciated.

JW

Hi All

Another set of Tein COs bite the bullet. My NSR shocker is goosed and the OSR is on its way out too.

What's the procedure for getting these sorted? Do they have to go back to Tein or is there somewhere more local who can do it?

I still have standard suspension in the garage, but I don't fancy driving around on jelly stilts, so I think I will stick on a set of lowering springs with these.

Any advice appreciated.

JW

my nsr away as well mate, hope the rest are ok....speak to duncan at hypertech, mines are being sent away to be overhauled......they take about 5-10 days to do apparently, unless they have to order parts from japan, in which case its a lottery how long it might take.....

regards

scott

JW you will get the same answer like i did if you email them.When i sent tein a email 5 to 6 weeks for repair for that length of time must end up back in Japan .I asked what it costs to repair .They said don't know till they strip it down .Then you get a price .Smao1 what i just typed thats the reply i got from tein uk .I went and bought Bc coilovers from the main dealer Apex performance

Edited by Dipsy
JW you will get the same answer like i did if you email them.When i sent tein a email 5 to 6 weeks for repair for that length of time must end up back in Japan .I asked what it costs to repair .They said don't know till they strip it down .Then you get a price .Smao1 what i just typed thats the reply i got from tein uk .I went and bought Bc coilovers from the main dealer Apex performance

thanks guys. Scott, did Dunc give you an idea how much it will cost? Can't believe that there's not a service centre locally that can do it. If Id know that, I'd have avoided them like the plague.

Edited by TheWelsho
thanks guys. Scott, did Dunc give you an idea how much it will cost? Can't believe that there's not a service centre locally that can do it. If Id know that, I'd have avoided them like the plague.

he thought it would be about £100.....not sure how bad mine is to be honest, i will b v angry if it takes any longer than quoted time, i am getting them to phone dunc once they have the shock there and assessed it before they start the work.....

dipsy, how much were u for bc's if u dont mind me asking and how long did it take for delivery?

scott

he thought it would be about £100.....not sure how bad mine is to be honest, i will b v angry if it takes any longer than quoted time, i am getting them to phone dunc once they have the shock there and assessed it before they start the work.....

dipsy, how much were u for bc's if u dont mind me asking and how long did it take for delivery?

scott

I think I'll just buy lowering springs and use my standard shocks. Then I can get the COs repaired at my leisure and put them back on again or sell them at a later date.

I had a Tein strutt burst a while back so i got it sorted that tein would repair it. 6 and a half weeks later after it being on holiday in japan the strutt came home in perfect working order. But that was also 6 and a half weeks i was with out a car :P

Much ££££££££££?

And there was me JUST swithering as to whether or not they were gonna be a bit too hard vs an Eibach Pro Kit.

This'll be the clincher then... Eibachs it is!

Yeah good choice! I'd have thought almost a grands worth of suspension would have lasted a bit longer than 2 years.

Edited by TheWelsho

I thought Tein were meant to be one of the best. Suppose Eibach or Bilstein won't take as long if something happens.

I'm getting feed up with my KYB's 9 months since I overhauled them and I now have play in then and started to knock. Considering Eibach coilovers now I hear Tein have problems.

The KW's that I had on my RS were absolutely brilliant, and had been fitted secondhand, and are now on Big Neil's Terzo now, so we'll see how long they last. Teins have gone right down in my estimation, if I were going for something, it would be KW's, Bilstein or Koni (or Ohlins when 5 numbers and 2 bonus balls come up)

The KW's that I had on my RS were absolutely brilliant, and had been fitted secondhand, and are now on Big Neil's Terzo now, so we'll see how long they last. Teins have gone right down in my estimation, if I were going for something, it would be KW's, Bilstein or Koni (or Ohlins when 5 numbers and 2 bonus balls come up)

2 year warranty is appealling, was it V1's you had?

Many people learn this the hard way, buying Jap shocks generally turns out this way.

Happy to sell in this country, but no support.

---john---

learning hard way now too john, as u say, there is NO support...we contacted the main tein supplier who are supposed to be a "service centre" for them as well, useless, turnaround approx 4-6 weeks, could be longer as they dont hold parts in stock and normally have to send to japan, what a joke........got no option but to wait on the repair, its sh*te....

scott

Well they are both true, But I should have put more emphasis on "SHOULD" perhaps italics or bold might have helped....

yes, i would say both parts of ur statement are true - they should hold a stock of all the parts they might need, and they def are not much use......