Red Sti Now Corrected And Protected!

Hi all,

Had my car into JKPDetail for a light machine polish/winter protection detail today (it will be fully corrected when the weather is good). It's hard to describe the paint quality and marks on the car but it was quite badly swirled, some parts had little or no reflection on them and it had needed a bit of work to put it back to how it should be.

Since purchase it has only been pressure washed/snow foamed and washed a couple of times using 2BM with decent products/washmits etc in preparation for the paint being corrected.

Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea of the paintwork - hard to see the worst aspects but bear in mind this is a new car, only 7 weeks old:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

And here is some of the clay during:

d.jpg

Car taped up, mid-polishing and getting there:

e.jpg

f.jpg

And some of the afters (light fading):

j.jpg

i.jpg

h.jpg

g.jpg

Big thanks to John of JKPDetail for his excellent work, putting up with the notoriously difficult Subaru paint and getting such excellent results in just one day. It is such a huge improvement in the flesh and the panels now have excellent reflections they did not do before.

The car is finished with 2 coats of Dodojuice Supernatural Wax.

Recommended - www.jkpdetail.co.uk

Brian.

Looks Good ;)

The before's were quite dull, red's one of the best colours to see the difference a good machine polish make

They use the same 2 polishing machines as me ;), Kestral DA and Makita rotary

Yeah - the rotary was having none of it on the paint (usual sticky, easily marred paint). The DA was the one to solve it but slower.

Brian :)

Nice one Brian, looking hot in red i must admit :)

Do you use the 2 bucket method? I have since new & don't have a single swirl m8 ;)

S N wax is a glorious wax, i like all the dodo juice formulas

Always 2BM with 2 washmitts very carefully done, after being rinsed and foamed and rinsed again etc.

The marks were on it from new.

Mudflaps are a definite too as it's picking up stone chips a plenty!

Poor thing must have had a hard paper round in the subaru forecourt.

Looks stunning, my CTR is red and relatively shiny but I cant wait to get it machine polished

Rich

Well I can thoroughly recommend John as he'll do you an excellent honest job at a good price and will only do what needs done (ie if thee are things you can do yourself, he'll leave them for you to do).

Brian :)

Nicely done. The before and after are quite noticeable - and only 7 weeks old !!

Always amazing what you see a clay bar pulling off supposed clean looking paint work isn't it !

Red does shine up fantastically well doesn't it !! Wife has a red car in major need of the machine but some nice mini snow shovel digger thing clipped the bumper in her works car park and has cracked the paint (and didn't own up :) !!!!) plus a deep scratch along passengers door so after the bodyshop visit I'll get going on it. The winter protection though was topped up at the weekend and the shine from it was fantastic under the winter sun.

Make sure you keep on top of it now Brian, easy enough to do so get in to the habit !!

Nicely done. The before and after are quite noticeable - and only 7 weeks old !!

Always amazing what you see a clay bar pulling off supposed clean looking paint work isn't it !

Red does shine up fantastically well doesn't it !! Wife has a red car in major need of the machine but some nice mini snow shovel digger thing clipped the bumper in her works car park and has cracked the paint (and didn't own up :) !!!!) plus a deep scratch along passengers door so after the bodyshop visit I'll get going on it. The winter protection though was topped up at the weekend and the shine from it was fantastic under the winter sun.

Make sure you keep on top of it now Brian, easy enough to do so get in to the habit !!

Cheers ;)

Always keep on top of my cars - they are rinsed often and foamed at least a few times a week in this weather.

Managed to get through an entire tub of Swissol Samurai and Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax alongside others on my last car ;)

Will be well looked after - hence it being machined so early in it's life - would have been done from new had I been able to get it in earlier.

Brian :rotfl:

Hi Paul,

Not 100% sure what pads John used but eventually gave up on the Rotary and done the work with the DA, slower but less of a problem after trying lots of combinations of pads etc.

There is a thread on www.detailingworld.co.uk with similar issues - black 330S although another with a white car had fewer issues.

Brian :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...