Discs And Pads?

Ok, i had my car serviced recently and i need new discs and pads for the rear and the front discs are on the way out too. So i intend to replace all the discs and pads at the same time.

Question is what is reccommended.

The cars a Blobeye WRX and it doesn't really get thrashed but that could change with decent brakes so what does everyone suggest. Rough prices would help..... Cheers everyone in advance

Ok, i had my car serviced recently and i need new discs and pads for the rear and the front discs are on the way out too. So i intend to replace all the discs and pads at the same time.

Question is what is reccommended.

The cars a Blobeye WRX and it doesn't really get thrashed but that could change with decent brakes so what does everyone suggest. Rough prices would help..... Cheers everyone in advance

Depends on your budget m8, standard discs are ok but with uprated pads. All comes down to money

I have the same car as you.

Couple years ago changed my front discs and pads, looking at time for a modest improvement. Spoke to Alyn at ASPerformance and he suggested, on my low budget, to stick with OEM discs and upgrade the pads. The pad selection is really personal choice and you will get plenty of opinions on good ones. Pads need upgrading from OEM for sure I'd say.

Since then my brakes have been getting gradually worse but after ceasing Mr.Badbaz was good enough to look at them for me and diagnosed my pistons were sticking (seals done in and rust starting) which affect basically the calipers doing their thing. So hopefully this week we (I say we but more likely him!) will be working on them and I will be changing my discs and pads again. I have a set of grooved discs from Godspeed (a very good price) and a set of DS2500 to go on. The DS2500's are expensive but I've been so fed up with my brakes as of late thought I'd spend a little more getting best within my budget. I have high expectations from these repairs/changes !

As far as I know on our power the rears don't need much fancy on there ??

I've got up to £1200 if i need it but as it's not thrashed of taken on track that'd be silly money to spend on brakes. I was always planning on uprating the pads at least i just wasn't sure if uprating the discs is worth it.

How about what Kenny?

Edited by davey l wrx

if i where you i would contact awd motorsport i got some great advice on what i needed as i dont drive on tracks dont want to spend silly amounts on brakes they gave me some great prices on discs and pads that are better than standard think they were called fast road

If you are not going to track the car then its not worth throwing loads of money at the brakes. The standard 4 pots are a capable brake for road use if coupled with a decent pad and disc combination. I used 4 pots on the race RA in the first year I was competing and used a good grooved front disc with Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and the brakes worked very well. DS2500's are around £140 ish for the fronts and a bit less for the rears and discs are fairly cheap prob £80 ish for the front maybe less. Both are a doddle to fit and would take no longer than 1.5 hours all round.

I would give Alyn at AS Performance a ring as his prices are as good as you will find anywhere and the service and advice you will get will be second to none. He builds rally cars for a living so he will advise you correctly for your needs and at the worst its the cost of a call to get some advice and ideas. :rotfl:

http://asperformance.com/

Edited by Arch

Depends on the condition of your 4-pots I suppose.. if you need them rebuilt etc then you'll not be far off a K-Sport Kit, but if they're in fine fettle and you really don't use the car to its potential then uprating the discs and pads would be fine.

I had Godspeed Grooved Discs and Mintex 1144 on the front of my first MY99 and they were plenty good enough for fast road use.

Cheers,

Grant

I got a set of the Brake Tech Discs (Fast Road Kevlar Pads) for my 02STi with Brembo's for £172 delivered next day from Aztec Performance.

Fitting them tomorrow, but the quality looks well up there.

They seem to get good reviews on Scoobynet etc

Worth a shout......

BRAKETECH_FEB.gif