Oxon Monthly Meet 7th March

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever you are free, the calipers need the front painting, but apart from that, its ready to go. Beware, where the caliper bolts to the strut area, it has to be tapped to accept an M14 threaded bolt, as the calipers are too wide to deal with the nut and bolt setup.

Edited to add: What I mean is whenever you fancy it and have enough spare time!

Edited by myles
Whenever you are free, the calipers need the front painting, but apart from that, its ready to go. Beware, where the caliper bolts to the strut area, it has to be tapped to accept an M14 threaded bolt, as the calipers are too wide to deal with the nut and bolt setup.

Edited to add: What I mean is whenever you fancy it and have enough spare time!

I am off until Monday mate so I will let you choose when.

Cheers Iain

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, do you feel up to tapping the holes? Stoopid question really, judging by what you do for a job!! Do you fancy doing it on Sunday afternoon? I have all the instructions printed out from Ian at Godspeed and the guy i bought it from. Just need to procure an M14 tap. Unless you have any ideas where I can get one?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, do you feel up to tapping the holes? Stoopid question really, judging by what you do for a job!! Do you fancy doing it on Sunday afternoon? I have all the instructions printed out from Ian at Godspeed and the guy i bought it from. Just need to procure an M14 tap. Unless you have any ideas where I can get one?

I will not have anything like that at work mate as we use prehistoric bolts :P

Let me have a look.

Cheers Iain

Ive just bought a repair kit with washers screws heatsink compound etc, so will give that a go. Be prepared for my call for help soon though!!

Hi Myles, I got my repair kit from CD24-7 based in the UK. The kit came with a repair guide with all the bits as you have now but I also went for a set of Whisper Fans as the oem ones where older and helluva noisy.

The Xbox is still going fine since the fix in Nov 2008, fans are nice and quiet too - happy days :P

Vimmy, thanks for the links. I think Ill definitely go for the fans, I have a repair kit on t'way.

Iain, got your number last night, Ill investigate the M14 tap then give you a ring. If I get stacked early, I might pop across so you can see my equipment!

Vimmy, thanks for the links. I think Ill definitely go for the fans, I have a repair kit on t'way.

Iain, got your number last night, Ill investigate the M14 tap then give you a ring. If I get stacked early, I might pop across so you can see my equipment!

Very good mate :P

Cheers Iain