Oxon Monthly Meet 7th March

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE thanks to the Berkshire members who came along, especially considering the distance you travelled and my apologies for the lack of other members. Seems a shame you made the effort and came so far for what, until you arrived, was just me sat outside a pub!

Thanks again,

Stu

Sorry mate, my day has been hell in a diy cell, and an expensive one when my xbox 360 was reported by the boy as having the red ring of death. Anyone know how to repair it?!

Know the feeling mate, couple of weeks back I spent nearly 8hrs putting together a bunk bed... Stared at 8:30pm, was absolutely shattered by the time I finished!

Shame about the xbox btw

I phoned xbox support. They laughed and put the phone done. So its in bits. Will attempt to do the mod to get it working this week. As for the bed, well I had to take this monstrosity of a cabin bed down, then build a slightly smaller one, all the time trying to keep the parts out of the way of the other bed. Knackered now.

I wouldnt normally let people down at the last min, but I had a last minute shout on the bed and a hard decision to make. Sorry to the Berkshire lads and lasses. Cant have looked too good, only Stu being there (we usually have at least two!)

I phoned xbox support. They laughed and put the phone done. So its in bits. Will attempt to do the mod to get it working this week. As for the bed, well I had to take this monstrosity of a cabin bed down, then build a slightly smaller one, all the time trying to keep the parts out of the way of the other bed. Knackered now.

I wouldnt normally let people down at the last min, but I had a last minute shout on the bed and a hard decision to make. Sorry to the Berkshire lads and lasses. Cant have looked too good, only Stu being there (we usually have at least two!)

Iain had the YLOD on his PS3, fixed it with a heat gun if it's the same cause?

I will NEVER buy a bunk bed without instructions ever again! An absolute nightmare! :thumbup:

I know if you don't come when you've said you will, it's completely unavoidable mate. It's not helped by only having 3/4 local members left who post on here regularly. Think we need to get our thinking caps on Re: getting some local exposure :lol:

Mine is a heatissue as well, but the processor needs a mod to breathe more easily.

Dare I ask, when is the next meet?

First Sunday of the month, so unless it clashes with anything I don't know about, that'll be 4th April I guess.

Seems a very Microsaft thing to do... install a processor that can't cope with the heat the machine makes without it needing a bodge to fix! :thumbup:

HUGE thanks to the Berkshire members who came along, especially considering the distance you travelled and my apologies for the lack of other members. Seems a shame you made the effort and came so far for what, until you arrived, was just me sat outside a pub!

Thanks again,

Stu

No worries Stu, its what good neighbours are for innit :thumbup:

Very nice afternoon, nice drive over, drinks and chips and Subaru talk in the sunshine then a nice drive home. Proper Sunday in my book :lol:

We had a RROD on our 360 a lil while ago and so sent off for a mod that replaced the two internal fans for quieter ones and also replaced the fastener that held on the cpu heatsink. The original heatsink was clipped in whereas the new one replaced the clips for screws which, along with new heatsink compound, made a better heatsink connection and aided the heat transfer away from the cpu.

I'll drop you a wee linky when i find the info on it if your going to try and mend it first, if you want it.

Cheers,

Col