What Did You Do This Saterday?

I started Saterday morning with a coffee and with a aim. My aim was to kill off the stone chips on my bumper with my handy palm sander. Prime, Respray and laqure the bumper.

This is what the bumper started off looking like.

060220101096.jpg

060220101097.jpg

Its been embarressing washing the car and polishing it to clean the bumpoer and splitter and seeing the eye sore thats bene on my bumper for ages. So I spent most of the morning and early afternoon preping the bumper ready for spraying.

20100206_5426.jpg

Once the prep work was complete I proceeded to mask off the areas for priming and primed the bumper.

060220101099.jpg

Ignore some of the masking work, Trying to mask around the spot lamps was a hell of a night mare! And With the base coat on (Colour coat) I started to mix up the laqure.

060220101101.jpg

And Once the laqure was applied and left to dry under the Infra Red lamps for 30mins to 45minuets This is the finished result.

20100206_5433.jpg

20100206_5432.jpg

To be honest I look at the car sitting on the drive and it feels like the prestegeous limited edition 243 that I bought around this time in 2007. All spotless and sexy looking. It feels like the car has a new breath of life now and I feel alot more proud about owning her. Next stop on the bumper is spraying my chip coat on there to stop stonechips from destroying my lovley paint again.

But I must press on to other matters that need attention, like FINDING THAT ANTHRACITE PAINT CODE!!! lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, i am going to try and do mine with a spray can,not the best way but needs must.

Primers all come in spray cans, be careful when spraying them as the tip of your finger can sometimes go over the edge of the nozzil and interfear with the spray. All my primeras and tints are very quickdrying, about a minuet per a coat with a heat gun. Not sure what halfords primers ect are like with drying times.

Also I matched my paint exsactly with my spectrometer, and applyed it with my own compressor and spray gun. As my paints metallic it needs to come out of the nossel of my gun with pressure otherwise it wont sit correctly on the surface of the area being sprayed.

If your redoing your whole bumper like I did, I would if I was you get a professonal to do it as if you dont overlap each pass with the spray gun or can by 50% each time and blend out the new paint with old its going to look patchy and sub standard.

Hope it goes well for you thought bud if you do decide to do it. Any problems give me a pm :thumbup:

Edited by MonkiP1

your different lol. your supposed to loose weight whilst in treatment not pile it on lol...well my theory is fcked now...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i need to think about this now,,may take a while with my mysteryously large brain lol...(spelling isnt good as beer is involved pmsl)

Edited by parker1

my keyboard skills are going down hill rapidly...yh my old man had steroid treatment and he put shed loads of weight on,but never lost it..fcks you up if you dont control it...your doing well bud..keep it up........................................................lardy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: (m a piss taker)