Impreza Inlet Manifolds

just been lookin at an ej20 block here...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/subaru-ej20-engine-block_W0QQitemZ230422190245QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a63b98a5

and i've noticed that there aint any core plugs at rear above bell housing which makes me think the manifolds are water cooled/heated....

would that be correct???

if that be the case then my manifold has blown the core plug which means cheap fix...will any turbo inlet manifold fit a 98 turbo 2000???

cheers for that ;)

thing is that when i take me i/c out and look down underneath the hard return pipe for the oem d/v there's a core plug which is fecked but looking at pictures of bare blocks it aint there... just wondering....if its on the manifold or ????... does anyone have an engine that aint in a car that they could maybe look at and give me the size of the core plug???

cheers for that ;)

thing is that when i take me i/c out and look down underneath the hard return pipe for the oem d/v there's a core plug which is fecked but looking at pictures of bare blocks it aint there... just wondering....if its on the manifold or ????... does anyone have an engine that aint in a car that they could maybe look at and give me the size of the core plug???

Can you post any pics up of what you are looking at mate, the throttle body and/or the iacv are the only parts of the intake manifold that has water passing through it.

Cheers Iain

Edited by Big 'D'

no probs mate i heard that you know your stuff from stewartyboy....

to describe it....

after removing i/c

look down under throttlebody...you can see the hard return pipe from the factory d/v...

below that is a core plug about size of 10p piece....

looking at bare blocks its not there.....

core plug runs directly below throttlebody and is below the return pipe....kinda hard to get pics cos of hoses and **** in the way....

i'll get pics up the morra...... after i see to jef's avcr ;)

Edited by Jon B

looks like i'm gonna have to get pics up.....

the blocks i've looked at didn't have core plugs either....

i'm confused.com.....if the plug isn't for the block and isn't for the manifold then what can it be for?????.....

Edited by Jon B