Berkshire Newbie

Hello! ;)

Looking for a new ride, I went to view at a chap's 1985 E28 525e which turned out to be no good for me due to lack of headroom. While I was there, I asked him if I could have a sit in his 1995 Type-RA which he also had on the drive. He offered to take me out in his Impreza which of course I accepted. By the time I got back from the drive I was hooked, and had decided that I was going to look for an Impreza! I asked him if he was interested in selling his and he said he would have a think about it and consult the family. He called me back a few hours later to say he would sell it to me. So I went to by a retro Beemer and ended up buying this:

MY 95 Impreza STI Type RA

TSL downpipe/sport cat.

K&N Induction kit.

Mocal 19 row thermostatic oil cooler.

Fujitsubo TI titanium 3" full system

Tein height adjustable coilovers.

Polyurethene anti roll bar bushes

Beatrush rear diff support

Rear alloy upper strut brace

Sprint Hart CPR racing 7 x16 inch.

Bridgestone S-01 fronts

Blitz boost gauge

And I love it! :)

post-20744-1263551642.jpg

• 1 month later...
Car looked lovely on Sunday mate looks like you got a good un

George thought it was Fab too :D

One word of warning though do you know if its been mapped to run on UK Petrol ? I seem to remember yoy saying on Sunday it was totally standard

Nice to meet you both. :rotfl:

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure if it's been mapped to run on UK fuel. ;)

I run it exclusively on V-Power with the odd tank of Tesco Finest. It had a session on Surrey Rolling Road just before I bought it, and the only advisory was for an uprated fuel pump which I have since had fitted.

Edit: Done some further research and found (amongst many) this post. Mines a '95 STI RA. The author suggests that my car should be ok to run on 99RON.

Did I just open my first can of worms? :rotfl:

Edited by cow creamer