Subaru V5c Document

does anyone know if it is a common thing to see that the v5 for an impreza import such as a type r should only say subaru and no mention of impreza or type r or anything in the model section , also for the date of first registration to have 19980000 ie no month or day listed , i am looking to buy a car which has these ommisions on the v5 , i have hpi it and it comes back clean and have checked the applied model code which seems to be what it should be .

the car is a 1998 type r which has been in the country since 2002 i dont know if this may shed some light on it .

also is there anywhere or any way i can check that it has been sva'd and taxes paid etc for a bit more peice of mind as there are no import documents with the car .

thanks.

Its quite common for the V5 on imported cars not to have all the info, mine hasn't got engine or chassis numbers. Its just got "NOT KNOWN", the numbers are on the car but not on the document. I think it could be the importers being too lazy to give the DVLA all the info. The date thing is a little strange though

i must say i much prefer the fact that the stuff is missing rather than wrong , the last thing i want to do is insure a car as one thing and the insurance fob me off if i had an accident deu to the car being another , i have heard about cars being insured as gl's when in fact they are type r's or ra's , i would have thought you would be in a world of pain should something happen

I think they tend to come in as lower models than they actually are. It may be listed as a 2.0L when it is in fact a 2.0L turbo sti/typeR/SpecC etc. I think as long as you insure the car for what it actually is and not try and fob the insurance off saying you thought it was a 1.6L when it was in fact a Type R etc you should be ok. But as said, check with your insurance

i tried the confused website to get a quote using the reg plate but it didnt recognise it , that said it didnt recognise my volvo when i had it either and was told it was because it had never been insured with them before under that reg (private plate) anyway i tried to do a selling listing with the reg on ebay and that did bring the car up with the same details as the v5 and the hpi .

as for insurance i agree with you , i have had my quotes for a type r and will be insuring it as a type r and since it doesnt say it is anything else on the log book i cant see how anyone can accuse me of trying to defraud any insurance company.