Running Problems

welshy12

Right after fitting a v4 sti ecu to my uk classic I had problems with not enough fuel, or thats whjat it felt like. Changed the injectors to phase 2 yellow tops and the problem is still the same. It pulls o.k up until 4/5000 rpm then backs off and picks up a tad once its struggled to get passed 5000rpm. Any suggestions? It's a 1997 model.

Bit vague I know but worth an ask. :huh:

Right after fitting a v4 sti ecu to my uk classic I had problems with not enough fuel, or thats whjat it felt like. Changed the injectors to phase 2 yellow tops and the problem is still the same. It pulls o.k up until 4/5000 rpm then backs off and picks up a tad once its struggled to get passed 5000rpm. Any suggestions? It's a 1997 model.

Bit vague I know but worth an ask. :huh:

There are various issues with what you have done mate, the Sti uses the orange label MAF sensor, a VF24 turbo and larger injectors which you have sorted, what colour were your uk injectors?

For this to work you would need to ensure all the engine components looked at and controlled by the ECU matched those of the Sti.

Cheers Iain

There are various issues with what you have done mate, the Sti uses the orange label MAF sensor, a VF24 turbo and larger injectors which you have sorted, what colour were your uk injectors?

For this to work you would need to ensure all the engine components looked at and controlled by the ECU matched those of the Sti.

Cheers Iain

I had grey phase 1 injectors, theres a purple maf on it so that needs changing then! The turbo will have to stay at the moment. :huh:

Edited by welshy12
I had grey phase 1 injectors, theres a purple maf on it so that needs changing then! The turbo will have to stay at the moment. :huh:

If yours was a 97 they should have been phase 1.5, you will need the orange MAF and you may want to look at a form of boost control too as the boost duty on the Sti ECU is set for Sti engine running a VF24 so it will not work well with the TD04 and may cause boost issues.

Cheers Iain

If yours was a 97 they should have been phase 1.5, you will need the orange MAF and you may want to look at a form of boost control too as the boost duty on the Sti ECU is set for Sti engine running a VF24 so it will not work well with the TD04 and may cause boost issues.

Cheers Iain

Not sure on the injectors, they probably were 1.5s. I have a manual boost controler to fit so that next on the list. Now to find an orange maf. Thankyou for your speedy and very helpful response.

All the best Richard.

Not sure on the injectors, they probably were 1.5s. I have a manual boost controler to fit so that next on the list. Now to find an orange maf. Thankyou for your speedy and very helpful response.

All the best Richard.

The Sti Ecu may never run 100% correct with your car as there are other differences within the engine itself too but fair play for giving it a go fella and all the best.

Cheers Iain

• 1 month later...
Fitted the new maf and it was worse than before, got a big hesitation low down and still got the 4500 limit. Any ideas guys???

It does really sound like overfuellig to the point the engine is choking itself, it could still either be the MAF or O2 sensor.

Cheers Iain

It does really sound like overfuellig to the point the engine is choking itself, it could still either be the MAF or O2 sensor.

Cheers Iain

Have to get booked in somewhere once I got some spare cash, going to pick up catalunya172s old ecu tomorrow as it the same as my original one and see if that works for now. :thumbup:

Have to get booked in somewhere once I got some spare cash, going to pick up catalunya172s old ecu tomorrow as it the same as my original one and see if that works for now. :rolleyes:

Tried the ecu off lee and it was the same as my original one, no go!!! off to a fella tomorrow who can hopefully remove/reset the immobiliser on my old ecu, fingers crossed. or it's alot of money for power fc. :D

Tried the ecu off lee and it was the same as my original one, no go!!! off to a fella tomorrow who can hopefully remove/reset the immobiliser on my old ecu, fingers crossed. or it's alot of money for power fc. :)

I'm up and running at last, £80 for a re-programme on ecu to remove immobiliser :(