Scrappage Allowance ?

Considering my future car options and what I would get for The Patriot if I sold her OR traded.....

Has anyone experience of this ?

Bottom line is that my car is too good to scrap but when offered 4K of something else it becomes attractive

That said, the ecu, turbo, and many other parts = a small fortune if I had the time or inclination to strip it back to standard

Has anyone any thoughts experience on this topic ?

Contraversial with a 16 year old car which is very light and likely very collectable if kept in good nick in years to come !

Cheers

Cal

Got a similar dilemma. Thinking about selling my car but i know it's not worth much now and is becoming a classic and getting less and less of them about.

So do i let it go for not much cash, trade it in or keep it and put it away?

Can't decide. although 1 thing i know it i certainly won't let it be scrapped.

Johnny

Got a similar dilemma. Thinking about selling my car but i know it's not worth much now and is becoming a classic and getting less and less of them about.

So do i let it go for not much cash, trade it in or keep it and put it away?

Can't decide. although 1 thing i know it i certainly won't let it be scrapped.

Johnny

Keep it and put it away. You are not likely to get much in a trade in either and regardless of any monitary value, I'm sure it can't match the sentimenal value you have wrapped up in the car going by the "i certianly wont let it get scrapped" comment :)

Keep it and put it away. You are not likely to get much in a trade in either and regardless of any monitary value, I'm sure it can't match the sentimenal value you have wrapped up in the car going by the "i certianly wont let it get scrapped" comment :P

I S'pose i am a bit attatched to it john. I've had it 6 years now and it's never let me down, even on track or at crail.

Johnny.

Edited by JohnnyR6