What Supporting Mod's For Td05 20g?

Looking at getting a TD05 20g.

I already have a FMIC and 3" de-cat.

I presume all I need is suitable sized injectors. what size?

Running a standard uk engine what power would I expect and what is considered as safe im already at 330 I presume that is the limit?

Im not realy that bother if it throws a rod as i wouldn't mind a stroked 2.1 anyway.

Any other weak points i should consider gearbox? My clutch was uprated to a hybrid rated about 380ish from what i can remember

I'm running 550's on mine also uprated maf and of course the ebligitory Andy F remap.

N reg STi, standard internals and box and no probs so far but sure it's stronger than a uk but if u don't hash the tits off it don't see why it wont last a month or 2 at least ! :)

the 6 speed box will take 600 bhp so you are on the right path not that you are going for the big 6.s lol

No it won't. Not for long anyway.. and if it's not new/great condition, then not at all. Andy F wrecked his gearbox on his Spec-C with 470/520. Can't speak for condition of the 'box beforehand, but it happened. B)

No it won't. Not for long anyway.. and if it's not new/great condition, then not at all. Andy F wrecked his gearbox on his Spec-C with 470/520. Can't speak for condition of the 'box beforehand, but it happened. B)

not many people have managed to break a 6 speeder, they will take serious power, i have never seen any posts where a 6 speeder has failed

I am sure it was the 5 speed PPG Andy F broke, steve whitson rebuilt it for him.

unless someone will correct me :D

not many people have managed to break a 6 speeder, they will take serious power, i have never seen any posts where a 6 speeder has failed

I am sure it was the 5 speed PPG Andy F broke, steve whitson rebuilt it for him.

unless someone will correct me B)

Im not sure about Andy F's but i thought a 5 speed ppg straight cut would have been stronger than a standard 6 speed!!???

I would just go for it, if you break the gearbox then you can look for a 6 speeder...until then why spend money on it until you need to.

You'll need the injectors, 3" exhaust all the way <<< oops, re-read 1st post.

I'd imagine you have everything else ie fuel pump + reg etc

Edited by Cullenmin

i may be wrong but i believe the torque more than the power is what eats boxes,hence 2.5's having more problems when tuned due to their ample torque

ask a proffesional ciaran but id budget for a ppg kit or 6 speed at some point,if your upping the power to high 300's id also suggest you may need uprated fuel rails and fuel pressure regulator.

definitely you want uprated calipers though,prodrive alcons,newage brembo's or ksports id suggest

and dont forget hawian shirts add at least 80hp B)

Im not sure about Andy F's but i thought a 5 speed ppg straight cut would have been stronger than a standard 6 speed!!???

1st and 2nd gears in the PPG are only rated to 400BHP (after so many failed at last years SSO or TOTB or what ever event it was), 3rd and 4th gears are rated too 600BHP..Im thinking the massive torque of the 2.5`s most of these people were running was the initial killer though

Think it will have to be a 6 speed then as iv priced straight cut PPG and it comes in at over £3k for the gearkit plus i would need a casing and then to have it built I would imagine your talking 4k plus. You seem to be able to get 6 speeds anywhere between £1.5-2k and i could have it refreshed by API to ensure it was tip top before fitting.

And yes im aware it is torque that kills boxes.

Scooby 222

I have a FPR to fit and will be purchasing a set of fuel rails to be converted for -6n fittings so i can go parrellel.

As for breaks I already have a set of Alcon's with the godspeed 335mm brake upgrade so id imagine they are fine for 400bhp

Cullenmin

The RB5 is currently still my only car so I won't be bolting on the 20g and breaking my 5 speed untill I have a runabout

glad to see you have kept the car in the end, we will need to have a wee dual around knockhill next year.