Rear Hub Help

I need a drivers side rear hub assembly. To cut a long story short... Fitted coilovers, a few whiteline parts etc. Took her for geometry setup and couldn't get this wheel to correct settings. So it turns out my hub assembly is no true!

Does anyone know what other years and model of Impreza/Scooby have the same hub assembly? Just so I can broading my search for one.

My car is a 2002 wrx, wagon.

Thanks

I need a drivers side rear hub assembly. To cut a long story short... Fitted coilovers, a few whiteline parts etc. Took her for geometry setup and couldn't get this wheel to correct settings. So it turns out my hub assembly is no true!

Does anyone know what other years and model of Impreza/Scooby have the same hub assembly? Just so I can broading my search for one.

Will probably be corrected on this one but I think the search is restricted to Newage (bug and blobs) WRX's STi's and classics have different calipers and arent and exact match. Not sure about hawkeyes..

If you find any for a decent price lemme know.. on the lookout for a rear Nearside one myself..

eBay has a few classic ones for about £20 - £30, as soon as you hit newage terratory it's more £100+ :boldblue:

Will probably be corrected on this one but I think the search is restricted to Newage (bug and blobs) WRX's STi's and classics have different calipers and arent and exact match. Not sure about hawkeyes..

If you find any for a decent price lemme know.. on the lookout for a rear Nearside one myself..

eBay has a few classic ones for about £20 - £30, as soon as you hit newage terratory it's more £100+ :boldblue:

Yeah mate, got one reply from several emails to scooby breakers. It was £130+vat and £20 postage. So gave that a miss. Should source one a little cheaper than that hopefully!

if the hub is not true would it not just maybe need the wheel bearing done.

did lasers go on hub or around wheel/tyre? perhaps a buckled wheel.

if its lack of adjustability there are no camber adjustment bolts on the rear struts as standard. if you have coilovers fitted it has probably changed the camber. you can retro fit camber bolts if needed though.

I had the exact same problem last month when I was through at Progrip. I was getting the geometry set up after having the coilovers rebuilt, there was no problems with the rear geometry before and it was the same shock absorber body and spring that was refited, but the O/S rear was miles out and the tyre was really close the the lower spring cup. The only change made was to the rear ride height which was dropped about 20mm to level the car up a bit. It was a simple fix with a camber bolt and some 3mm spacers to give the tyres a bit more clearance. I've since done 700 miles without any issues and the car handles perfect.

Cheers, Paul T

Thanks for the answers people. I'll give both the breakers a try. The problem is lack of adjustment, wont go anywhere near where needed. Lasers were fixed to the alloys. The wheel is not buckled as far as I'm able to tell. The wee place at Sighthill in Edinburgh that was setting it up, can't remember the name just now!

im not suprised they cant get it adjusted, there is only toe adjustment on standard rear setup.

are you sure you need a new hub? sounds like a set of camber bolts should do the trick.

did they only have probs with the drivers rear, what the score with passanger rear?

im not suprised they cant get it adjusted, there is only toe adjustment on standard rear setup.

are you sure you need a new hub? sounds like a set of camber bolts should do the trick.

did they only have probs with the drivers rear, what the score with passanger rear?

Yes, only probs with the drivers side. Passangers side seemed to dial to within his settings. I don't know alot about the geometry setup process personally, I was just watching as the computer screen turned from red to green with various beeps etc. But the drivers rear would not adjust anywhere near! If I stand back and look at the wheels/tyres I can see the drivers side could do with tipping in a bit on the top likes, even a little difference in the tyre wear. If camber bolts would sort this I don't know? The operator reckons she's been heavily kerbed or such in the past and the hub has been damaged.... I don't know, do I spend money and time changing my hub or try camber bolts? Wish someone had a magic wand to pinpoint the part needed, save on the nippy head side of things.

Thanks

I am pretty certain all the bugeye and blobeye WRX rear hubs are the same. I picked up some hubs from Impreza breakers ltd and they were pretty reliable I have had a few bits and pieces from them and they seem pretty good and always seem to have a fair amount of newish cars breaking.

website www.imprezabreakers.co.uk 01508 558880 or do an ebay search for rear hubs :thumbup:

Another option which may be as quick but cheaper is to put a post in the scoobynet wanted pages for a bugeye or blobeye WRX rear hub, try and get it complete with the nadbrake shoes it will make fitting a little quicker. It has to be a WRX hub the STI hubs are different.

This is a well known and common problem on Impreza's and it very rarely shows up until you have the geometry checked and then find you cannot set the car up properly.

Changing the hub is a simple job and takes about 40 mins. :thumbup: