Remap

Afr meter probe in the exhaust,bit for listening for det on the engine .He plugs the lead from the his laptop in to diagnostic port under steering wheel then sticks in his base map .Then you drive up and down the road while he adjusts the maps varying the revs

Alright.

Yep , day went well. Put the car into Hypertech on the wed teatime for some goodies. Picked it up on thurs morn. Dunc had to go to Subaru in the morning for a gasket or ring, was one left! Lucky! ;)

Drove down to Port Seton for 1pm. Met Andy and remap commenced. He attached his wires etc to the car then we headed out to the A1. Rain was pouring down so it was difficult to speed up and down during the map. turned off and headed back the way on the B road, then back on to the A1. Rain was worse now. Couldnt see a bloody thing but added to the experience ha. Back on to the B road. Was getting the revs up a bit and chatting to Andy about the map and what he was doing etc. When he told me to hit the gas and he put the high boost , well some difference I thought. Excellent. Up and down a couple more times then did the road dyno. so got an average on the 2 runs of 273bhp 300lb/ft so well happy with that. Thought Andy was a nice guy and open to my daft questions.

Headed back to the Port through the downpours and flooded roads and removed the bits and pieces than head off home.

Great experience and more than happy with what I got from the remap. Car feels great and fairly pulls along when required. :D

So cheers to Andy F and Cheers to Dunc, Alex and the boys at Hypertech too !!

Marko 72, over and out.

Cheers guys.

Its a 02 wrx. Already had Hayward & Scott centre and backbox and a panel filter. Last wed/thurs had decat up-pipe and decat 2nd pipe added, both H & S. Uprated fuel pump added too and the resonator/airbox removed. I can hear the whoosh now. Great. And I can hear the OE value too. Really happy with it all. Took it out for a wee blast 2nite. Love it. ;)

at the end of the day as long as you are happy with the before & after figures & performance ;) only you will appreciate that smile the rest of us have enjoyed on the way back from port seaton :)

Only one question remains???? lol

how big is your wallet & welcome to the modding club :D

mucho overtime, porky pies, & what the wife / GF don't know won't hurt her lol

Edited by bobbyc
at the end of the day as long as you are happy with the before & after figures & performance ;) only you will appreciate that smile the rest of us have enjoyed on the way back from port seaton :huh:

Only one question remains???? lol

how big is your wallet & welcome to the modding club :)

mucho overtime, porky pies, & what the wife / GF don't know won't hurt her lol

Im more than happy with the figures. The GF is a fan too so not too much of a problem I hope lol.

nice one and welcome to the mad world of modding lol

Cheers. Let the addiction commence !! :D