Ppp Help

Could anyone please tell me if theres anyway to tell if a car has had the ppp fitted just by looking at it?

Im thinking about buying a hawkeye sti and would like to be sure it has ppp, if there is a prodrive back box would that point towards it or should all ppp cars have the certificate?

Thanks in advance

Mike.

I'm sure the y- pipe from turbo to intercooler should say prodrive on it (mine does), maybe even be blue in colour? The standard (non ppp) is a hard black plastic effort. Hope this helps and isn't incorrect someone else will know...

my cars got a ppp under the bonnet look for the blue y pipe from the intercooler it will have prodrive on it,the car should have a centre section and backbox with prodrive stamped on the top of it,and the ecu will have been changed it should all come with a wr sport certificate to authenticate and also on the pillar at the drivers door there should be a sticker advising you to tell the insurance company that your engines had upgrades and the new bhp on it etc!!! all this should be acompanied with a nice big reciept for around £1500...as cal says mate also check with the dealer....prodrive unfortunately dont keep records of the cars but your local dealer should beable to hope this helps mate...cheers John

Edited by x444wrx
I'm sure the y- pipe from turbo to intercooler should say prodrive on it (mine does), maybe even be blue in colour? The standard (non ppp) is a hard black plastic effort. Hope this helps and isn't incorrect someone else will know...

Only on a WRX - STi has Alloy "Y" pipe and Red 90-degree pipe to Turbo

Subaru dealer will confirm it WAS fitted by VIN ( not to say the seller hasn't flogged it and put a Standard ECU in it.

TBH, save your money over standard and get it EcuTeK'ed

Thanks for all your help :crying: i'll have a look at two cars i may be viewing, aye a remap is prob better but i dont want too many mods for my girlfriends insurance.

One other thing does anyone know if the jap import hawkeyes get registered as plg like my old lancer was or is it £400 odd tax for all?

Cheers

Mike.

Wuz, I'm quite sure that Patsy was referring to the upgraded pipe on the WRX when fitted with the PPP, that has been quite correctly quoted as being changed to a blue silicone unit, rather than the standard black hard plastic unit. Possibly Patsy didn't notice the part about it being a STI, and not just a WRX.

And TBH, if I was looking at 2 cars, of similar price, and one had a PPP, then I know what I'd put my money on first.

Mike, all cars are listed as PLG - Private or Light Goods - it's the exhaust emissions that decide what tax bracket, and IIRC, if not stated, then DVLA will base it upon a UK based car or put it in the highest category.

Thanks for the help once again, my evo was listed as a plg so was only £185 tax but others are over £400 for the exact same car, it just depended how the dvla registered it, i think at least a quarter of the UK evo 8 and 9s are the lower tax band, which is why i asked if some imprezas had the cheap tax, its not a worry as it will be cheaper to maintain than my evo anyway.

I ended up test driving a non ppp hawkeye sti and enjoyed the drive, tho it wasn't as quick as I've been used to, i loved the interior and it felt better built than Mitsubishi, my girlfriend and i are looking forward to making the change to Subaru and hope to find a 57 plate low mileage blue hawkeye with ppp ;)