IOM Track Day Insurance

Paul,

the only place that does competitive track insurance seem to be Egger Lawson (Competition Car Insurance). Speak to Nik or Georgina on 0115 941 5255, and they'll get you sorted out.

The premiums start at about £55 for about £5k of cover (enough to repair 95% of track type accidents).

Having driven around the track at Jurby, I would say that you would have to be trying some to get the car into a position where you could do any damage. Around most of the track, there are large areas of grass (about 12 inches high) before you even get close to the tyres.

The only place where there isn't is at the end of the main straight, where you brake and turn in for a 90 degree right hander. In this case, there is a row of hay bales (I think) at the end of the straight, but this is about 30 - 40 feet after the turning point for the corner, so you have quite a bit of tarmac run-off before you could get into trouble. Even travelling at 3 figure speeds, it is very unlikely that anyone could go 40 feet past the normal braking point for the corner, and even then if you manage to turn about 45 degrees to the right, there is a long grassy area towards the corner of the airfield.

I've never been to Bedford, but it's probably similar in that it's very unlikely that you could damage your car badly, even if you spun off somewhere, as there is no armco within easy reach of the track.

Cheers

John