Mods Before Gb Remap

Hello.....

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am booked in for the Group Buy Remap with Andy Forrest - looking for input/ideas on my mods.

Car: MY02 WRX STi PPP

Present Mods: TSL Firestorm, Deresonated Centre, NGK PRF7B Plugs, Green Panel Filter with Intake Silencer delete.

I have just bought a APS Cold Air Induction kit too which I will fit prior to the "big day"

As my car has the PPP fitted, I understand it has the Prodrive Sports Cat and uprated fuel pump (maybe someone can confirm?) - are these suitable with the EcuTek - or would I gain BHP/Torque by changing?

Finally, bearing in mind I mentioned what my car has fitted and what I am fitting - is there anything else I should add before remap day that would make a difference.

Thanks for reading.

Charlie

As my car has the PPP fitted, I understand it has the Prodrive Sports Cat and uprated fuel pump (maybe someone can confirm?) - are these suitable with the EcuTek - or would I gain BHP/Torque by changing?

Not sure about the STi but on a new age WRX the PPP is just a Prodrive remap, one of the cats (in the mid pipe) removed and a prodrive backbox.

It really depends on what you want as an outcome from the remap.

I think the prodrive sportcat is a 200 cell cat and not the 100 cell cat the most exhaust people makes.

Of course you will gain by going for a full decat 3 inch system! You will have more power and torque.

You could go for an Apexi AVCR for better better boost control.

On the fuel pump side of things i would be inclined to change the fuel pump purely because of the age of the car and for obvious safety reasons.Its a cheap mod and it looks after your engine.

But its money and more money.

The PPP was only fitted in 2006 according to the Prodrive certificate, but if it's safety in mind I think will change the pump - for all they are anyway.

What do I want remap wise, hmmmm, better pick up before 3.5k - broader power band, more responsive and indeed a bit quicker.

Obviously I am looking for a noticable difference performance wise from what it is just now - Prodrive quote circa 305ps, so would be more than happy with 330-340 (ish).

I am not a 1/4 mile man, just like a nice weekend B road blast now and again :lol:

I am not on a credit card budget unfortunatly (damn wife wears the breeks) - so AT THE MOMENT new turbo is a no no, however I was looking for biggest gains/drivability on a budget - hence I mentioned 3 port boost solenoid, plus why I am adding the APS CAI (which was cheap anyway).

I assume this is upto the job pupm wise....

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/WALBRO_UPRATED_FUEL.html