Recommend Me An Exhaust Please!

I've signed up for the AndyF re-map group buy thing so I now need to get the other bits in order before getting a date.

I will prob get Meercat to do me a 3" downpipe and centre section but need some recommendations on back boxes.

I dont want some loud booming thing and definately nothing like a drainpipe, i.e. afterburner's or anything like that. 3" tailpipe is enough for me. Not sure its possible with the 2.5 STI engine but something with a real scooby dugga dugga soundtrack like a proper rally car. I remember hearing some old classic group N cars with tiny tailpipes sounding awesome.

Video clips would be handy of what you have!

Cheers,

Col.

Hi Col, if your getting the rest of the system knocked up at Meerkat, they will be able to a backbox to the style your after and noise level

:D That's where i am going [Meercat], dont think i will make the remap though

Simples

maybe a bit bigger tailpipe than your after Col but i love my roger clark motorsport system,4.5" slash cut but looks much smaller than the tsl firestorm i had-though it also sounded immense,very wrc howl ish

actually i think tsl do a 3" group n style as well

agree with others,why not just get meercat to do the lot and pick your own backbox style/volume

How much are their systems for a 2.5" downpipe, cat pipe and centre section? - All decat?

I don't need a backbox so just the above...anyone got a rough idea of price from experience?

somewhere in the region of £350-£400

somewhere in the region of £350-£400

Thats for the reply Jimser. I take it thats supplyed and fitted? I was just going to get the downpipe cat pipe and centre section from scoobyworld totaling £367.47 but thats just supplied.

Would the meerkat system be better or is it much of a muchness?

Thats for the reply Jimser. I take it thats supplyed and fitted? I was just going to get the downpipe cat pipe and centre section from scoobyworld totaling £367.47 but thats just supplied.

Would the meerkat system be better or is it much of a muchness?

yes that would be a fitted price.andy f has commented in the past about how well their exhausts systems flow so can't really add to that

Col, Meerkat did mine exactly how I wanted it.

Not too loud( I'm 46 :) ) but loud and throaty enough!

4 inch tail pipe but plenty of choice in lots of sizes too

02022009841-002.jpg

I didn't think noise would matter at you age lol :D just switch the hearing aid off

sorry Kev couln't resist

Col.

Group N back box style is what you want or a Ninja style :) both very nice kit and perfectly acceptable sound. Also, I could get Paul to supply you a 3" pipework Sportcat and centre section if you are interested?

Wuz has fitted a couple of Pauls Sportcat DP's (and he is about to fit another) and said they were a perfect fit :D

Gus

I had a system on my classic built to suit by C+C in hillington and couldnt fault it BUT..

Ive got The Blitz nurspec system on my hawkeye, and cant help the heavy foot and window down even in the slightest of tunnels :) ! Best exhaust ive ever had on a car and the build quality is second to none. Would definatly suggest having a look at it...

WRX007.jpg