Im New

hello,

had a new clutch fitted on fri last week, was a cusco hyper single, fitted by a local and good garage, from the moment i picked the car up it wasnt right, as you lift your foot up off the pedal whilst in gear the car shakes and a hit and miss vibration transfers through my foot, this happens when slowing down and sometimes feels like the rear axle is being smashed with a sledge hammer,

changing gear on the move however is fine,

any ideas,

car is a april 2000 wagon with 70k,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You understand that a new clutch will feel completely different to a normal one, don't you? I had a new AP Racing one fitted and for about the first hundred miles it was horrendous. Anything except the gentlest of releases resulted in stalling or pogoing. After that hundred miles it was no different to any other clutch. If you are very gentle, does this still happen?

M

• 3 weeks later...

even with the most fairy like of feet it still effectively bounces the plate across the flywheel,

had the standard one put back in now at an eye watering cost of £1703 thats to buy the cusco fit then remove and replace with the origional, hyper single clutches are best for drag or hill climbs, a small fact i have now found out, i was sold it as a fast road clutch which is fine if you like full bore starts everywhere :wave: