Sponsor Me, Cancer Research

UPDATED 10 June 2010

Every year I have a plea for donations for my friend Maggie who has been fighting cancer for the last 3 years.

Sadly, she lost the battle and passed away 2 weeks ago, leaving behind a devoted husband and 2 young daughters.

We are doing the Race for Life on Sunday in her memory and I'm asking for donations [again!].

Click here for our Just Giving page

Please find the time and money to give to this cause and help those that have been affected by this terrible disease.

Imy

x

Last year's post

you are all probably sick to death of folk wanting your money and plus, in this recession you probably dont want to give anything to charity.

the recent Jade saga has probably turned you off people fighting cancer but I've got a friend thats got more bags more courage and battled far more problems than that wannabe celebrity had...

Maggie has fought:

- cancer in the bowel, had operation then chemo,

- cancer in the liver, had operation then chemo

- cancer in the abdomen and lungs, couldnt operate, got chemo

- travelled to Australia for radical operation to remove lining in abdomen, stomach muscles and remaining tumours, got chemo and radiofrequency ablation

- post op checkups revealed lesions in liver, large mass in pancreas and a collapsed lung.

- came home, checkups revealed nodes in small bowel and cancer in the skin.

- she cant have any more operations, her only options are radiotherapy and chemo to keep it from spreading.

she's been told that she was going to die about 7 times over the past 2 years but she keeps fighting.

she's got 2 gorgeous girls, aged 2 and 4, that gives her the drive to get out of bed in the morning and hassle docs and medics to treat her.

we're doing the Race for Life with her this year and I'm asking for donations, even a fiver will help.

add "Imy's friend" in the display name, she's not going to have a scooby (pardon the pun :rotfl: ) who you are.

thanks for reading,

Imy

Edited by micra_wrc
you are all probably sick to death of folk wanting your money and plus, in this recession you probably dont want to give anything to charity.

the recent Jade saga has probably turned you off people fighting cancer but I've got a friend thats got more bags more courage and battled far more problems than that wannabe celebrity had...

Maggie has fought:

- travelled to Australia for radical operation to remove lining in abdomen, stomach muscles and remaining tumours, got chemo and radiofrequency ablation

- post op checkups revealed lesions in liver, large mass in pancreas and a collapsed lung.

- she cant have any more operations, her only options are radiotherapy and chemo to keep it from spreading.

she's been told that she was going to die about 7 times over the past 2 years but she keeps fighting.

she's got 2 gorgeous girls, aged 2 and 4, that gives her the drive to get out of bed in the morning and hassle docs and medics to treat her.

we're doing the Race for Life with her this year and I'm asking for donations, even a fiver will help.

If her story has moved you enough to put your hand in your pocket then you can donate direct to her page here

add "Imy's friend" in the display name, she's not going to have a scooby (pardon the pun :icon_fU: ) who you are.

thanks for reading,

Imy

Glad to do this - we all know someone who has been affected by this monsterous disease.

I've sent the link to Maggies page to friends and collegues as well.

Edited by hosstheboss

Maggie has fought:

If her story has moved you enough to put your hand in your pocket then you can donate direct to her page here

add "Imy's friend" in the display name, she's not going to have a scooby (pardon the pun :laughing4: ) who you are.

thanks for reading,

Imy

C'mon folks, 140 views and only 4 sponsors?

• 1 month later...

thanks to everyone that sponsored me for the Race for Life, it was noted that I raised the most online donations :icon_salut:

Maggie was struggling quite a bit, she was on double morphine to take away the pain just so she could make it round the course.

we were last to start and last to finish but its a tremendous achievement for her.

thanks again, I'm happy to know so many people that are willing to give to charity :occasion14:

imy

• 11 months later...