Some Bike Racing Pics From Today 5/4/09

Crackin shots col. Are the bikes harder to shoot than cars?

They move a lot quicker than cars so probably are a bit harder to shoot! Your panning needs to be pretty much spot on. The bikes are usually running close together so trying to get them all in focus is difficult, I find it a lot more challenging than the cars but you get much better action shots.

It wasnt until I got home and looked at the pics on screen I realised my camera sensor is filthy, had to delete most of the pics as it was focusing on the dirt :D

Fantastic pics as per the norm from you Col :D;)

Differant breed those bikers, if i just slid along the tarmac or gone face 1st into the gravel the last thing i'd want to do is jump on & go again. They either have big baws or lack brain cells :D

Col its help a noob question time now- What settings do you use when photographing cars on track or rallys? Just an approx setting somewhere i can a base setting to work from i.e shutter speeds etc.

Fantastic pics as per the norm from you Col :rotfl::rotfl:

Differant breed those bikers, if i just slid along the tarmac or gone face 1st into the gravel the last thing i'd want to do is jump on & go again. They either have big baws or lack brain cells :rotfl:

Col its help a noob question time now- What settings do you use when photographing cars on track or rallys? Just an approx setting somewhere i can a base setting to work from i.e shutter speeds etc.

I normally have the camera on shutter priority, ISO on auto and just mess around with the shutter speeds all the time depending on whats going on and where about on the circuit I am.

For the start of a race when theres probably going to be an incident I will have the shutter speed quite high, maybe 1/320 to ensure I get it in focus! While the racing is underway It would normally be around about 1/200 or lower if I am doing panning shots.