Engine Oil Change

Going to change mine tomorrow night, now I have been told its not as simple as just dropping the old and filling up with new.

Do you need to remove one of the sensors (coil pack?) and crank the engine? Whats the purpose of this anyway?

Cheers all, Ryan.

Going to change mine tomorrow night, now I have been told its not as simple as just dropping the old and filling up with new.

Do you need to remove one of the sensors (coil pack?) and crank the engine? Whats the purpose of this anyway?

Cheers all, Ryan.

the crank sensor should be removed(under the alternator)and engine turned over until

oil light goes out.i do this when changing oil but your local subaru dealer in general won't

Ryan - easier option is to remove the Cam sensor (RHS of the engine, in front and below the Oil Fillup Pipe, just above the Cam Covers, either a GREY or BLACK plug). This means the ECu doesn't know the Cam position so it cuts the Spark an dthe Injector pulse...... meaning the car will turn over but not fire.

Remember to plug it back in with the IGNITION OFF :o

CEL will go on for a few seconds when turnign the ignition back on and firing the car up but it will go out.

Hope that helps?

Russell

Guest CRAIG D

Without sounding like a big hairy fud

Iv done 2 oil changes on the scooby and i havent done any of this taken sensor's out.

SHOULD I BE ??

:o:)

Never seen Awd when i used them unplug any sensors when doing a oil change .They just prefilled the oil filter and filled up with oil and then started the car .

And that's what I do with every change - done absolutely loads now, and never had a comeback. I only ever crank the engine with a sensor off when I have done major engine surgery, as there is a lot less residual oil about then.