Video Footage >> Sidc Track Day - 28th March 2009

Video Footage >> SIDC Track Day - 28th March 2009

Processed on an iMac using iMovie

Sony TRV22E HandyCam with B-Hague Suction Mount in the rear Windscreen

Plenty of footage chasing some silver & white Classic Scoobies - not entirely sure who the drivers were ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyiMA9cnZ1w

use the "HQ" ( High Quality ) Option if your broadband connection plays ball

Hope your enjoy the footage - comments on my driving encouraged & welcome - be gentle !

Cheers

Cal ( lame suspension faction !)

Edited by ~ ~ Cal ~~
It came on the back of a trailer - seemed to be driven by various people as I was able to tail them with ease under braking & on the corners

Extremely fast nonetheless !

Who owns the white & silver Scoobies in the video ?

I own the silver classic,my first track event & loved every minute B) , it is apparent that i need more power as running standard bhp,though a better driver would probably lap quicker :o ,but well pleased with the old girl who never missed a beat,even on a quarter of a tank. Stone cracked the windscreen on the first session but at least its on the passanger side :) Tyres took a pounding but suppose thats to be expected,anybody know how much it was to hire a set of slicks ? Will defo do another one.

Makes good watching Cal for those of us never been on the track !

Hope your old man had a better time of it after his wee spin.

I did notice though that, despite you letting two cars past, none of that footage shows you being overtaken by anyone....you getting that good !? :) . Good to see the car did well on your first outing with it.

That Evo tearing away was quite impressive must say !

Cracking video Cal, as always

Bit of a moment for your old man considering its his first time out in the new toy

Once you improve you suspension i reckon you can do the hairpin in third, i exit the hairpin in Imys car in third at 4000k so i reckon once sorted in the bouncy ocean liner dept then with some smooth steering and commitment you may be able to keep her on the boil about 3 and a bit. This is right at the start of the torque band in the car and should give you enough momentum to pull her up the hill cleanly in third. As you have noticed shoving her out of the hairpin in second is a bit of frantic time trying to catch third after you exit in second at high circa 5k revs

Liking the term of Hunting for some sport

Cheers folks - currently considering coil-overs now given that this is my DKT ( Dedicated KH Toy)..............does anyone reckon they'll be too brutal on a B-Road though ? Any decent ones that you can recommend that are relatively inexpensive ?

C_WRX - had about 60 mins of video but Yoiutube only permits 10 min clips. I was overtaken a few times by faster Evo's & some of th Exiges ( oh & DR MotorSport too )

w.r.t Hunting for Sport - I hate being out on track with nobody to play with ( safely !) - it's much more fun tightening up your game to try and pass folk.

One thing that I need to bear in mind is how late I can brake. I was braking later & later at the hairpin and the brakes were still inspiring confidence - gain a lot of time that way. That's where I was making up a lot of ground on the Evo's.

If only I had DCCD then I could engage in some hairpin showboating !

Cal

Last track day video I did with waaay more sport http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDioCoXOvE

and an auld yin featuring the nutter that was Swiggi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-IlyhKNbN0...feature=related

that is a blast from the past that video cal.....anyone still hear from swiggi??, last i heard he was staying down in portsmouth due to his work, he still had the scoob when he left so dont even know if he's still got it...