Loch Lomond, Cameron House Hotel BBQ, Sunday 16th September

This extremely popular event has been run for the past two years, with large numbers of Impreza owners and their families turning up for a great social event.

A fantastic BBQ (subsidised by the SIDC ), with top quality food (as much as you can eat), at an amazing venue at the hotel's private marina on the shores of Loch Lomond.

Plenty of time before lunch, to catch up with all the latest news, and to meet new friends.

After lunch, we will have a leisurely scenic drive, through some of Scotland's most beautiful countryside, before meeting up at another venue (to be decided) for some other activities. On previous years, we have done a distillery tour, and a visit to a water sports centre with a number of different activities arranged. Where will we go this year ? - well keep an eye on this thread to be kept up to date.

Pre-booking is essential (number of adults and children), so we can inform the hotel on how much food to prepare for us, and work out the range of activities possible after lunch. Please send an e-mail to either myself or Cameron Leask to reserve you place.

The Central Scotland meet is the official title for the Cameron House BBQ

In the past there hasn't been much demand for rooms at CHH since (a) they are bloomin' expensive and (B) most (but not all) of the attendees are local. When I start organising things properly nearer the time I'll look into whether they might give us a discount (I asked a couple of years ago; the answer was a firm but polite "no" )

Watch this space for further details.

Cameron

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I haven't had a lot of time to think about this recently, what with work and being on the point of moving house, BUT...

The first time I organised this event I did dig around a little and got the following phone numbers which might be useful for those of you contemplating coming up and staying over...

[*]Loch Lomond Tourist Board, Balloch, http://www.scottish.heartlands.org, 01389 753533

[*]Our starting point will be http://www.cameronhouse.co.uk

[*]Very close to here is the Duck Bay Hotel, 01389 751234

[*]Lodge on Loch Lomond, Luss (the location where "Take The High Road" is filmed), 01436 860201, (all rooms have Saunas, apparently! ;> ). AA 3-stars, Scottish Tourist Board 3-stars.

[*]Lomond Castle Lodges, Duck Bay, 01389 850215 or 07000 LOCHLOMOND, self-catering lodges from around £200 for 3 nights in a two-bedroom lodge, http://www.lomond-castle.co.uk. Has leisure and fitness facilities.

Hope this is use to someone... As I say, it's a couple of years since I got these numbers but I fairly certain the tourist board number won't have changed, even if all the others have...

regards

Cameron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Good to see on all the various threads that there is strong interest in this once again...

I've been moving house recently which is why there hasn't been much news about it, but I'm back now, and on the case once again

Those of you that I have on my "official" list so far (32 of you!!!) should have been emailed today, but I know that my list is incomplete, looking at the threads. If you haven't received an email from me confirming the numbers then please send me an email (offlist) to cameron@leask.org to let me know

- how many adults

- how many kids

- your registration number

The deal:

We will meet at 11am at "Breakers Bar" in the marina at The Cameron House Hotel on Loch Lomond, and the food will be available from around 12.30ish. Directions to the hotel can be found at www.cameronhouse.co.uk.

(For those who have never been there, enter the main hotel driveway and follow the road (over ALL the speedbumps ) until you get to the marina. There is a big carpark there and you should see the rest of us milling about )

The food will cost around £10-£15 per head (to be confirmed) and based on previous years, there is always plenty Pay me on the day.

I haven't yet confirmed the afternoon activity but will advise nearer the time.

If anyone wants help finding accomodation then the best bet is probably Loch Lomond Tourist Board, at Balloch, 01389 753533 or http://www.scottish.heartlands.org

any questions, email me direct

cheers

Cameron

I can't quite believe this....

I now have a list of EIGHTY (80) people and 40 cars who are expecting to

attend the Cameron House Barbeque next Sunday! You lot better turn up or

I'm going to have a big food bill to pay on my own!! ;>

For those of you who have missed the details of this - We're having our

annual Scottish barbeque at Cameron House Hotel on Loch Lomond

(http://www.cameronhouse.co.uk). Aim to arrive from 11am, food should be

ready at 12.30.

We'll then head off for a drive on various routes; the final destination

being Croft-na-Caber watersports centre at Kenmore (just like last year).

If you are intending to come along but haven't heard from me, then please

get in touch at cameron@leask.org, and I can add your details to the list.

For those who have heard from me, I'll be in touch (offlist) very soon with

the details.

regards

Cameron