Shocks By A F Noble - Loving It

A week ago my Scoob went in for it's 30,000 mile service and I knew I had a knocking shock, car came back and right enough i had the "knock" my car was out of warranty and I thought ah this is going to cost a fortune to get fixed. The garage asked for a week to speak to Subaru UK to see if a solution could be found and today out of the blue came the call from Mike at the Garage asking me to bring the car in as they wanted to replace the shocks free of charge. I was speechless and well chuffed it is not often you will get a phone call like.

So car goes in at 7.55am next Thursday and they will put 2 mechanics on it and have me back on the road by 9.30.

Cannot wait it is going to be like having my own world rally team for an hour and a half :thumbup: , I will try and get some pictures up, I also want to see what the exact shock problem is as I have read so much about it but bever actually seen a picture of what goes wrong.

Top marks to AF Noble for coming through, credit where credit is due. :)

Will keep you posted

John

Edited by cruz104
What age is your car? I am selling my old standard STI suspension on ebay and its amazing the amount of enquiries I have had from people with knocking shocks!

It is a 2005 STI, so it has done fairly well to be honest by the sounds of thing.

Sounds like bloody good service mate... well done for Nobles. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant

To be honest I cannot believe it, I knew the garage had a good reputation but bloody hell I could not believe that today.

Will let you know how it goes next Thursday.

Cheers

John

I can't fault Nobles myself,

Had a similar issue with shocks on the wife's 03 sti. Nobles replaced the rear shocks and I also put a claim in for 4 new alloys as the 4 on the car had started to bubble.

New shocks and wheels....nice...

Been taking the car there ever since.

It's heartening to hear that Nobles are keeping you right even though your car's out of warranty. Although to be honest, my guess is that on this occasion Subaru will be picking up the bill, as the choc-shocks are a very well known issue. I would much rather that Subaru were replacing the duffers with better-quality items - but my guess is that they have a stockpile of them and, as long as Subaru are paying for any replacements, that's exactly what they'll continue to fit to our motors...

My WRX is on its third set of rear shocks and it hasn't even covered 30K miles. Both pairs of replacement shocks were fitted under warranty by Ian Grieve Subaru (no complaints about the dealer service so far).

It is really good to hear such good story's, I think you are right about Subaru Uk picking up the bill for this, really pleased I have to say made my day as I was thinking where on earth was i going to get money to pay for it. :thumbup:

Pity they had such a bad attitude with me over a small problem back in 99,after spending £27000 and only doing 300miles.

Cant get it rite all the time a suppose.

Bry

Have you been back since the service department is not in the same place any more and most of the staff have changed, I remember one of the guys in 99 and he was quite a difficult charachter, he has retired now thankfully and the place is spot on now, might be worth another try, nothing ventured nothing gained.

However sometimes in life once bitten twice shy,

Nobles are top notch, every dealing with them is a pleasure. Mine is back in a couple of weeks to get the front struts done again as well. Backs, fronts and now fronts again all in just over 6 months.

my god that is a serious strut problem, glad you are getting it sorted though.

Have you been back since the service department is not in the same place any more and most of the staff have changed, I remember one of the guys in 99 and he was quite a difficult charachter, he has retired now thankfully and the place is spot on now, might be worth another try, nothing ventured nothing gained.

However sometimes in life once bitten twice shy,

think the guys name was Colin or Calum or somethin like that,cant remember almost 10yrs ago,went to T&C in Perth after that.

Bry

Hi John

I've had 8 replaced on the GB not covered 7000 mls yet, Grieves have always been top notch & replaced them no problem, had the car at Duncs on Fri night & we checked it out & guess what rears have gone again, I'm seriously thinkin about getting the BC adj coilovers from the group buy on scoobynet & giving subaru uk a **** off pill, not even getting a few hundred miles out of the kyb struts

Bobby

My scoob is in Grieves just now getting rear shocks, drop links and struts. I can't believe how many people have had this problem! I would go aftermarket but the warrenty would be void so after the year then that may well be the way to go.

Edited by sti_steve

Hi John

I've had 8 replaced on the GB not covered 7000 mls yet, Grieves have always been top notch & replaced them no problem, had the car at Duncs on Fri night & we checked it out & guess what rears have gone again, I'm seriously thinkin about getting the BC adj coilovers from the group buy on scoobynet & giving subaru uk a **** off pill, not even getting a few hundred miles out of the kyb struts

Bobby

Hi Bobby

I canny believe that 8 struts that is unreal!! I will see what Thursday brings but i am suspecting they aint going to last long by the sounds of things!!

Hope you are doing ok and hope to see you in the Spring at some of the meets.

Chat soon

j