Need Brake Pads, Where To Get It Done?

ill tell you what they would have to try and prize the money from my cold frozen dead hand at that price!!!

i use farmers next to me in bellsquarry livingston they have worked on all my cars for 7 years for mots etc and the are fine and ill bet they are alot cheaper than that

neil

Edited by neill54

I've got a set of almost secondhand (they did about a thousand miles) set of Carbon Lorraine pads sitting in my garage. They squeal very slightly at slow town speeds on occasion (enough town occasions for the wife, as that's where she spends her time and it is her car), so I took them out. I'd supply and fit them for £100 if you were interested. They are absolutely awesome in terms of bite and lack of fade, but her indoors didn't seem to care about that for some reason.

Thanks for the offer Neil, I'd prefer to get a receipt for work done though.

I was quoted £240 for the front pads fitted.

that sounds ok for original Brembo pads fitted,but aftermarket are also available from the factors(pattern part)for a lot less.Brembo pads are normally around the £175 mark for a set of fronts.

Bry

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on once they're fitted - I'd be very interested in a direct comparison with the stock pads :D

IMO, braking performance of the standard hawkeye WRX is not good enough to make the most out of engine performance and roadholding (on the really twisty stuff, at least).

Ordered the yellow stuff today. Probably fitted next week. I'll let you know

240 is well steep, probabbly standard brembo pads too

Ian at godspeed is still doing a group buy for front grooved disks and ds2500 pads for the sti at just over 300 quid.

try duncan at hypertech, sure you will get them fitted for under 200 + reciept, though brembos are well easy to fit so best option would be to buy a set of DS2500 or performance friction pads from Alyn at As performance (150 delivered) and fit yourself / get assistance.

Good grief! A decent set of PF pads from AS Performance cost me £115. Therefore, in general terms, simple math shows a fitting charge of £125 for an hour or an hour and a half work at most!

Got to admit, that I had a set of EBC Redstuff in the car, and didn't rate them. No real bite until warmed up. I've found both Ferodo DS2500 and the Carbon Lorraine much better pads.

that would most likely be the older redstuff pads which i do agree were crap, EBC have written those ones off and started from scratch with a ceramic base to them so their new proper name is redstuff ceramic :(