Hi All

Hi to all at the SIDC. Just thought i'd say a quick hello as i've rejoined the club after a 2 years. I've been working on my 1996 Sti for almost a year and a half and its finally running. A few issues have raised their ugly heads, but thats to be expected right!? I look forward to talking or maybe meeting you all at some point in time, It feel good to be back!!

Simon.

Hey, welcome back chap :D

What's been up with the scooby then?

Hi pezza,

A lot to be honest. I didn't know it at the time but the engine was a mess internally from day one! The pistons were to big and the overall build was awfull. I feel a name and shame coming on........... yep here it is.........THAMES VALLEY MOTORSPORT are the company responsible for what has been described to me by experts, as the worst conversion they had seen! Well, now thats of my chest, I can look foward to driving the car again. The car has had the engine out twice. Once for the heads and again for the rebuild. At her heart is a 2.5L block, bored, with a forged bottom end and an APEXi ECU to control it all.

I'm talking to much I know, I do love to talk scoobies!!! Talk to ya soon!!

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare, but glad to hear you've got it sorted. Sounds like the engines well worth the hassle tho :D

I had a similar problem with mine, when I brought it it was in a bit of a state and got it home only for the engine to go up in smoke. Over heated, Headgaskets gone which also blew the radiator. So recon engine fitted and new rad, while out noticed the clutch was shagged so new one of them as well. Done the headers and full de-cat exhaust and loads of other bits. But still love the scooby to bits, no other car will do lol