Urgently Needed

looking for a set of 4 caliper mounting bolts for front Brembo calipers. The rebuild has ground to a halt as the bolts that came out of my 4 pots were M12X1.25 but the brembo front caliper is obviously a different size. I am pretty sure it is M12X1.5 so if any one has a set lying around it would be greatly appreciated. :(

is that not a stndard m12 bolt as standard pitch is 1.5mm

do you weant some, got that size in the van, going to costco tomorrow, could drop off

Neil

I have loads of M12X1.25 which is a pretty common subaru thread and loads of standard bolts which are M12X1.75 but not M12X1.5 and the 1.25 and 1.75 dont fit so it has to be 1.5 pitch.

What time you heading to Cosco could take a trip over and meet you there if its in the morning.

cheers

Archie

Standard Metric thread pitch for an M12 bolt is 1.5 Subaru use "Metric Fine" thread pitch on their M12 which makes it 1.25

"R"

Russel its definately not M12X1.25. Thats the size of the bolts that came off the front 4 pots but they do not fit the brembo's I have had a thread gauge on the bolts I have tried and neither M12X1.25 or M12X1.75 fit they go in a few threads and binde up so it has to be a thread pitch of 1.5.

Dave there is no way i will be paying £6 a bolt I take it you had to bend over before they handed the bolts over :(

Arch, if it really grates that much for the bolts, do you not have anything at the airport that is the same? Alternatively, head up to the place on Underwood road in Paisley, or the one on Abercorn Street that are bolt suppliers. You'll more than likely have to cut them to the right size though. It depends on whether they are high tensile bolts that Subaru supply for them. Me personally, I would bite the bullet, and just order them up from Halley's and be done with it, at least you know they are right for the job. Think carefully on what you are putting on, after all, we all spend on fancy discs/pads/hoses/fluid, yet we are talking about skimping on a couple of the most important bolts on the system.

Jac thanks mate its definately M12X1.5 so will see what i can source.

Craig thanks mate but most of the stuff on our aircraft are A/F or the car would be littered with titanium and alloy bolts :(

Will try the places in paisley on the way to work, they will be high tenslie bolts tho definately.

Will try the places in paisley on the way to work, they will be high tenslie bolts tho definately.

I have a funny feeling that they will too, so if it were my car, I would take a deep breath order the right bolts, and you wil forget about the cost in a week or two. I've actually just remembered that the Welsho needs some as well- want me to order a job lot in on my account?