Awwight - Thought I'd Stick My Head In

Thought I'd just poke my head in and say hello. Haven't had time to jump into the forums for ages due to family stuff. Hope everything and everyone is doing fine.

I've been sort-of keeping in touch with GMac and Peter a bit so I'm not totally out of touch!

My car has been off the road since Christmas ;) First a slipping clutch in 4th & 5th under load a week or so before Christmas, then between Christmas and new year my Bosch fuel pump (1yr old) got noisy (like a demented wasp), and was working no problem until I gave it some beans coming away from a junction near my work and it got a vicious fuel cut. I gently drove home off boost and when the garage opened after new year I took it in. The slipping clutch is an Exeedy Green Organic fitted a few months before - so i am told this may be down to the clutch cylinder. Due to parts delays and all sorts of issues I am still without a car - but hopefully tommorrow!!!!

The fuel pump and the clutch cylinder have been replaced at the garage, but the clutch is still slipping, so the clutch is being stripped this evening. It may be that it wont be covered under warranty if it is down to the wear & tear & slipping. My car is a daily driver to work and back and I don't go mad (well - you can't on the Kingston Bridge at rush hour). It's done about 1500-2000 miles on the Exeedy Green Organic, no 1/4 miles, no track days just the daily commute.

I think this is going to cost a bomb. Why is it when you think you do everything by-the-book and upgrade the parts that are known to be weak points - those bits go wrong! I'm a bit down at the moment and frustrated with it all.

Hi mate. I never met you the first time around, but pleased to make your acquaintance :lol:

Sorry to hear about all the bother you've been having. If it's any consolation, we've probably all been there at least once with one motor - but chances are you'll ride this out and be in a position to enjoy it again some time soon ;)

Look at it this way - at least you're not missing much in the way of decent driving weather!

All the best,

Tam.

Aye, I know what you that feels like mate, but I try to see it as a challenge and a learning experience now and that detracts from the "pain". Ha!

Anyhoo, good to see you, hope to catch up with you some time soon.

JW

Now that is a good reply....i see it as a challenge too, to see what i can break next..it has to stop some where before i run out of things to replace!

Duncan..hello and long time no speak....we will need to catch up soon as the Bamboo is near its D Day.

regards

Edited by fai 17

Welsho, Good to catch up soon. I know youv'e had your fair share too. Just frustrating - no car for a month and a half and a months wages up the swanny as well! How many numbers is the JW now - more than 350?

Mystery Machine - Nice to meet you. This is the first time it has been off the road in nearly 3 years so i'm having withdrawal symptoms. Please excuse my general grumpy attitude.

FA17 - Peter I think I'm in a bad state, you must be climbing the walls! I can honestly say most rapid cars will be whipped by Bamboo! Looking forward to launch day! Hope you and family doing fine!

The car is finished. Now skint :lol: Apparantly there is possibly a problem with the actuator and it is geting overboost on hard acceleration. I need to bed the new clutch in nicely before I get back to them about the overboost. If I get any overboost I'll be stopping driving and will get the car towed.

Welsho, Good to catch up soon. I know youv'e had your fair share too. Just frustrating - no car for a month and a half and a months wages up the swanny as well! How many numbers is the JW now - more than 350?

Mystery Machine - Nice to meet you. This is the first time it has been off the road in nearly 3 years so i'm having withdrawal symptoms. Please excuse my general grumpy attitude.

FA17 - Peter I think I'm in a bad state, you must be climbing the walls! I can honestly say most rapid cars will be whipped by Bamboo! Looking forward to launch day! Hope you and family doing fine!

The car is finished. Now skint :( Apparantly there is possibly a problem with the actuator and it is geting overboost on hard acceleration. I need to bed the new clutch in nicely before I get back to them about the overboost. If I get any overboost I'll be stopping driving and will get the car towed.

Na, stuck at a measly 340 bhp mate but still a healthy 400 torky guys! I have to proctect the glass gearbox so I can't go crazy with in on track. I saw your car at Hypertech yestersday, looking all sorry for itself :) I was in for geo settings and had to pull the plug on it... young Dunc found that my rear offside wheel bearing was gubbed! Im 500 miles outta warranty and no 30k service, so £150 I didn't wanna spend! Such is life!

Na, stuck at a measly 340 bhp mate but still a healthy 400 torky guys! I have to proctect the glass gearbox so I can't go crazy with in on track. I saw your car at Hypertech yestersday, looking all sorry for itself :( I was in for geo settings and had to pull the plug on it... young Dunc found that my rear offside wheel bearing was gubbed! Im 500 miles outta warranty and no 30k service, so £150 I didn't wanna spend! Such is life!

Welsho - you go crazy on the track? Never..... I'm actually looking for some shingle/pebbles for my drive - someone was saying you had a load in your car after Knockhill?

I forgot what my car was like to drive! It's a monster - I dunno how people with 400bhp+ cope. It's all worth it in the end. Thanks to Duncan & everyone at Hypertech they did a great job! Fuel pump is a lot quieter than the previous one, they have replaced most of the vacuum hoses. Replaced clutch hydraulic cylinder and pipework, lubricated the actuator (what ever that is!) and fixed a slight oil leak from a loose inspection cover. There doesn't seem to be any issues with overboost so far. It's only boosting to 1.2 at the moment, (normally it would be up to 1.3). I think they didn't realise I had set it to the original map (0.7) and saw some issues with incorrect fueling. I set it to the correct map and she seems fine.

I'm taking it fairly easy so far, while the clutch beds in. Thanks again Hypertech, and I'm sorry for being so impatient while the parts were on order!

Edited by MrBadger