Ra Or Wrx

currently have a 52 plate wrx with the usual mod's and have been offered a swap with a w reg ra import which has had alot of work done to it and is pushing out near on 340 bhp. It has had about 4500 spent on it and is in mint condition. Are these 2 cars roughly valued at the same price and would i be better keeping my wrx and upgrade this cheers steve

As with any other car the newer the car the better its resale value will be, on the other hand the rarer classics like the 22B, the 2 door Type R and the lightweight/low geared RA seem to hold valve better than other models of the same age, its an easy choice for me but I am a Classic scoob man myself, I would make my choice on the machine itself not the price, have you driven the RA yet?

Cheers Iain

not drove the ra yet mate but it is the light weight one with the fifth injector so i think it is one of the first ra's.

If its a 'W' reg it will be the last of the classic shape the face lift with the crystal clear lights etc, a very nice looking car.

Is there any proof of the power and has the car been mapped it is very important that it is mapped for uk fuel especially if modded.

Cheers Iain

Also depends what you want it for, a toy for track days and fun on the road the ra is better but for everyday driving, commuting etc. the wrx has the edge.

The ra has shorter gearing so it always revving it's n@ts off on the motorway, this combined with less sound deadening make it a lot less user friendly. Also the ra has dccd (if its the sti) which makes driving fun.

But for me it would have to be the ra, easy.

Johnny

Ive recently been thinking off moving the other direction, from a Type r to a newer model

Ive test drove a Hawkeye and a Blob now and they dont come close in terms of excitement IMHO

The Type r is not a motorway cruiser thats for sure, it is a lot better after an Andy Forrest map but its still not a car that wants to sit at 80. Honest officer!