Limp Mode Experience For The First Time!

What a not so nice surprise that is!!!! :)

After the mods and while on the way to Andy F, the CEL light came on for high EGT.

Car still drove fine and then I had a resistor put in and the light didn't come back on.

Everthing has been fine.

Then this afternoon I'd been to Braehead with Jo and Abi in the back.

Stopped at the Phoenix Retail Park in Linwood on the way home and when I pulled out at the McDonalds

roundabout I had a massive loss of power and the CEL light came on.

Got off the main road and the AA came out, cancelled the alarm and followed me to Greers.

The alarm code was for the EGT again so hopefully it's just some of the solder on the resistor that's came

off. I had a blast on boost near Greers but the light stayed off.

Just wondered why I didn't feel the loss of power when the light came on when I was going to Andys??

If the solder is ok when I get it checked, how do I have the confidence to go for overtakes if I'm thinking it

might still come back on! ;)

That's just me....never mind the wife when she's got Abi in the car!!

At least I'll be mentally prepared if there's a next time!!! :)

Hi Chris.

Hopefully getting somewhere with the EGT. Checked today and the solder was fine and resistor working.

The meter said it was a 3.2k ohm resistor and Andy thought he gave me a 2.2k one. Waiting for a reply to see

if this what might be the problem.

Monday will be another day of checking for the clunking!!! Got some new rubber seals for the mounts...I think!...so hopefully the cause will be found. Might be the good old shockers!!

At least I'd know what it was!!! :huh:

Hi Chris.

Hopefully getting somewhere with the EGT. Checked today and the solder was fine and resistor working.

The meter said it was a 3.2k ohm resistor and Andy thought he gave me a 2.2k one. Waiting for a reply to see

if this what might be the problem.

Monday will be another day of checking for the clunking!!! Got some new rubber seals for the mounts...I think!...so hopefully the cause will be found. Might be the good old shockers!!

At least I'd know what it was!!! :huh:

Good luck with all of that my man and welcome to the "I have pushed the envelope" club. :huh: Oh the joys of performance motoring - I LOVE it! :D

Well, I'll become a full happy member of 'I have pushed the envelope club' once I get out of the temporary

'Why did I change things' club! :huh:

:huh:

At least you're able to laugh Richie! Am reading this with interest as you've done what more or less I'm planning to do.

Good luck and hope it turns out to be something as simple as changing the relay