Can I Run 225/40/17

I run 225/45x17 RE-70's on my track car at Knockhill when it's too damp/wet for slicks.

Also with coilovers and plenty of camber through the pillowball top mounts.

The rear arches have been trimmed slightly too, so no rubbing.

So you should be ok with 225/40's

Edited by DR Motosport
I run 225/45x17 RE-70's on my track car at Knockhill when it's too damp/wet for slicks.

Also with coilovers and plenty of camber through the pillowball top mounts.

The rear arches have been trimmed slightly too, so no rubbing.

So you should be ok with 225/40's

Cheers for that David think ill see about some coilovers for next year

i fancy trying the Federal RSR track tyres for the season read good reports that they are as good as the toyo888`s but they are only bout £80 a corner for the federals

Greig

Cheers for that David think ill see about some coilovers for next year

i fancy trying the Federal RSR track tyres for the season read good reports that they are as good as the toyo888`s but they are only bout £80 a corner for the federals

Greig

1. are they E marked ? if not forget it. Never heard of them so suspect not :lol:

2. you can run 235/40/17 if you get the numbers right, wheels, offsets and the right coilovers.

3. Toyo's are 5h!t3 for hillclimbs, most people are finished before they start working :rotfl:

1. are they E marked ? if not forget it. Never heard of them so suspect not :lol:

2. you can run 235/40/17 if you get the numbers right, wheels, offsets and the right coilovers.

3. Toyo's are 5h!t3 for hillclimbs, most people are finished before they start working :rotfl:

yeh there e marked john there not long out over here came out in america few months ago.

what tyres you recomend? V700`s?

did you see my gearbox and diff codes in other thread john?

Cheers greig

P.S going to run the st2`s i have so think they are 7 wide so 225 will do me nicely

what coilovers for as cheap as poss?

yeh there e marked john there not long out over here came out in america few months ago.

what tyres you recomend? V700`s?

did you see my gearbox and diff codes in other thread john?

Cheers greig

P.S going to run the st2`s i have so think they are 7 wide so 225 will do me nicely

what coilovers for as cheap as poss?

It's late, lots to do tomorrow, save me some time and point me at them ?

Greig, Federals are cheap Sh*te mate.

Its Federals that you get for "budget" wheel and tyre packages and they really are basic.

Its the LAST thing I would put on a track or event car. UNLESS Federal have come up with something VERY different for track use!!!?

£80 a pop ISN'T very cheap anyway.

PS I'm runnig 225/45/17's (Eagle F1's) on the RA with no problems

Gus

Edited by Gus the Bus

Don't know anything about the Federals, but I do know that tyre companies that I would have considered cheaper / budget options a few years ago have most certainly upped their game, especially in the motorsport and competition market.

Kumho and Hankook are a couple that spring to mind.

Kumho has won the Irish Tarmac Rally Championship 3 out of the last 4 years, or something.

Hankook again in rallying, are up their with the bigger names now.

Have a look here for some reviews.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

David

Hi

are kumho v700 and kumho v70a the same tyre

asking as some companys say its a v700 and some say its a v70a

all pics look same both come in medium or hard

Yes they are the same tyre.

There are softness options on a couple of sizes. Kumho website is sh!te, couple of years out of date re compounds