Who To Use For Scratch Repair In Glasgow

Right some cant has scratched the bonnet of my other car,,,, scratch is 3 foot long and i was wanting other option apart from taking it to get the bonnet resprayed.

I've heard you can get scratch repaired without painting the whole bonnet.

Have anyone has experince with one?

Thanks

My old man shut the garage door down on the tailgate of his car causing a scratch and a dent!! Believe it or not, he went to Halfords and they sent out a mobile guy and he made a superb job, and both me and the old man have very high standards!! He paid approx £140 due to dent and scratch, think prices start at £65

HTH

Mike

peter,

widny use halfords as they will not be able to give you a firm price until they send you a chips away type guy out, so cut out the middle man and get a quote direct from chips away, they will come out to the hoose or shop and give you a free quote

or maybe be best to get the full bonnet done :huh:

• 1 year later...

Might depend on how deep/bad the scratch is. Is it right through and beyond wet sanding and/or machining ?

If not guess reverts back to your original question - you're looking for someone who has a contact for someone they have used and been happy with their work !

I've heard good stories (like MikeM's experience) of people using e.g. Chips Away......but I've also heard of bad experiences where people say they still obviously still notice it. Personally I've just had resprayed but that was a rear bumper and not as costly.

Edited by C_WRX